Our client is seeking an experienced Accounts Manager/Accountant to be responsible for the company's finances, based on the outskirts of Oxford.
Our client is a highly respected family run business who works across the globe but with offices on the outskirts of Oxford. The role would be office based 5 days a week with parking onsite. They are a generous employer both with salary offered and extra benefits.
The Accounts Manager/Accountant would be solely responsible for the companies finances with a wide range of duties including:
- Managing the day to day finances including submitting VAT and CIS returns, processing expenses, paying Suppliers and Sub-contractors
- Preparing the monthly accounts, collating figures and financial reporting
- Responsible for company bank accounts
- Managing the Payroll function
- Preparing cashflow reports
- All invoicing and chasing overdue payments
- Office management duties
- There will be a variety of other ad-hoc tasks, as is often the case in a smaller business
The successful Accounts Manager must have:
- Significant previous experience in a similar hands on finance role within an SME
- Previous experience within the construction or engineering industries
- Knowledge of CIS and other industry related items
- Articulate and organised
- Computer literate
- Hardworking and a team player
The successful candidate will be rewarded generously with a salary in the range of £35-45,000 dependent upon experience and qualification, plus an employer that takes pride in looking after their staff.