Senior Payroll Specialist
Exciting Senior Payroll Specialist required in Milton Keynes to help bring efficiency's to this leading international Manufacturing and production company who have grown through acquisition and therefore need an experienced payroll professional on a permanent basis to pull together the multiple sites and companies within the group on SAP to one well managed monthly Payroll
My client are based in the Milton Keynes area and pride themselves on how they treat their employees. With payroll a big part of ensuring individuals are rewarded they are keen to have an experienced Senior Payroll Specialist to help pull together the multiple acquired businesses within the group to form one well run payroll of over 500 staff and then support the business with continuous improvements within Payroll along with linking this to accounts and HR.
Your duties will include:
- Complete end to end payroll production
- Provide support in the year-end and quarter-end process such as: annual statements, reconcile insurance accruals, calculate and create payroll related accruals (like ST bonus, vacation allowance, vacation days, and pension cost)
- Ensure compliance with continuously changing company policies and local laws & regulations.
- Advise employees, management and HR on payroll related topics.
- Ensure all payroll/HRIM system updates, tax updates and enhancements are fully tested.
- Produce training documents, policies, procedures and technical processes for the department.
- Point of contact for internal and external audits that investigate payroll related information.
- Produce payroll related statistics both to management and external bodies such as Office for National Statistics UK, Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings etc.
- Record and process attendance, holidays and absence gift awards for Milton Keynes employees
- Provide support and assistance as needed on employee benefits insurance and pension administration matters.
- Support the HR and finance team on all payroll and employment costs related reports/work
To be considered for this Senior Payroll Specialist position you should have a mix of the following experience, knowledge and characteristics;
- Demonstrated track record in running and managing the full payroll cycle with a similar sized company and ideally have dealt with complexities around multiple payrolls/terms within one group/company.
- CIPP qualified would be advantageous but not essential as experience is Key
- Experience working with SAP HR/Payroll is a large bonus and if not demonstrable experience with payroll systems eg upgrades, implementation, changes etc will be considered
- You must be up to date with all legislation and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of relevant payroll, employment and income tax laws, regulations and operating guidelines.
- Strong communication skills with excellent attention to detail is a must with a professional disposition to work and the workplace.
- Friendly, flexible and personable nature
Offering a great flexible and fun working atmosphere working alongside an experienced payroll professional and established finance and HR functions. A highly competitive remuneration package along with a supportive company in the Manufacturing and production industry who are looking for succession planning and are able to offer great stability in this period