Senior Associate, Client Operations, Financial and Regulatory
About MUFG Investor Services
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.8 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, trustee services and depository to securities lending and other banking services.
With a diverse and dynamic network of offices across the globe, MUFG Investor Services provides challenging and rewarding careers. We achieve this by offering continuous learning and development, collaborative team work environment, promotion of work-life integration, and exposure to different work.
Imagine your future at MUFG Investor Services where you can grow professionally, in a diverse and inclusive workplace that rewards your contribution.
Because of high demand for its services we are looking for a Senior Associate to work in our Client Operations Financial and Regulatory team. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing organization within a creative, always evolving industry. You will report to the Associate Director, Client Operations.
- Work with investment managers for daily operational issues.
- Participate in various system improvement initiatives.
- Prepare or co-ordinate all client regulatory reporting deliverables and associated reports.
- Work with internal teams, such as Client Operations, Investor Operations and Client Integration etc., to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Help develop financial and regulatory reporting processes.
- Develop a relationship with clients, vendors and audit firms.
- Develop an understanding of the financial and regulatory reporting environment.
- Ensure all processes are performed following operational procedures and controls and all relevant checklists are completed.
- Keep up to date with and apply applicable regulations and accounting standards.
- Prepare financial statement pro forma, roll forwards, workings and drafts.
- Prepare regulatory reporting templates, roll forwards, workings and reports.
- Respond to different stakeholder queries.
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in finance, accounting, mathematics or related fields.
- Ideally studying towards a relevant professional qualification in ACA, ACCA, CPA , CIMA or CFA.
- Ideally studying towards a relevant qualification within the Institute of Banking.
- Have 1-3 years’ experience in a financial/regulatory reporting/fund accounting role.
- Strengths in Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Word is essential.
- Broad understanding of fund administration industry.
- Experience with accounting software Geneva, Investran or Yardi. Mantra would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Experience with regulatory reporting software Confluence, RR Donnelley, Axioma etc would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Broad knowledge/understanding of characteristics of various financial instruments such as equities, bonds, bank debt, derivatives.
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting environment an advantage:
- AIFMD – Annex IV
- CBI monthly and quarterly returns
- Form PF
- Form CPO PQR
- Open Protocol
MUFG provides all of its employees with an extremely attractive compensation package. In addition to base salary, there is a group medical insurance scheme, group pension scheme, reimbursement of professional subscriptions, paid holidays and assistance towards gym memberships.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only to provide an accessible candidate experience.
MUFG is an equal opportunity employer.