Qualified Financial Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions across the Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
- Prepares, reconciles and records asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analysing data from multiple financial systems.
- Reviewing accounting entries and reconciliations from Assistant Financial Accountants.
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated group results and statutory financial statements for multiple group entities.
- Assist with the coordination of year-end deliverables with external auditors to provide all necessary information for audit purposes.
- Month end ownership of key areas of the P&L
- Prepare and review reconciliations for the balance sheet accounts and problem solving through issues found.
- Support financial team with GST, WHT, FBT calculations, reconciliations and returns.
- Assisting Group Finance Manager with ad hoc projects as required.
To be successful in this position, you will also have the following skills, knowledge and attributes:
- CPA/CA qualified
- 3+ years post qualification experience in a medium to large industry setting
- Demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and provide accuracy to month end and financial year end accounting practices.
- A broad exposure to financial systems.
- Ability to drive improvements in systems, processes and procedures.
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of current accounting standards.
- Customer service oriented and commercially astute - ability to engage and influence the wider Finance and Senior Management teams.