Finance Business Partner
The Finance Business Partner works alongside management to support the delivery of the business objectives, including understanding the drivers of long-term profitability to facilitate decision making in areas such as strategy and capital expenditure priorities. The Finance Business Partner provides managers with insightful financial and performance analysis and ensures that finance processes are delivered efficiently.
Our client is a well known global organisation that has a diverse portfolio within the Energy sector.
A key challenge for this role is the need to build trusting relationships with the managers they partner with, allowing honest and challenging conversations to happen and improve decision making. A further challenge for this role is having a deep understanding of what drives profitability on a wide variety of assets, at different stages of their lifecycle and with different operating models. The role is a key link between the business and other experts in the finance team. The Finance Business Partner will provide advice and guidance to the business, but will know when to consult with specialists and escalate complex issues.
- Partner with business areas and deliver pertinent analysis to improve their financial performance on spaces such as cash flow and profitability.
- Constructively challenge the business and provide innovative solutions to lead to financial and operational improvements being made.
- Manage the relationship between the Finance department and business areas to ensure that the needs of both areas are mutually understood and processes are delivered efficiently.
- Support risk management by ensuring business risks are recorded, assessed and monitored (including mitigations).
- Assist the development of financial forecasts for partnered business areas and ensure the forecasts are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Represent the business in M&A activities and lead on the integration of any subsequent assets from on boarding to BAU.
- Understand and analyse external economic trends, including the impact and recommend actions to meet new opportunities and threats.
- Represent Finance in key meetings with other business departments and external parties.
- Deliver documentation on the team's key processes to ensure compliance (e.g. integrity and assurance on project costs).
- Must have an accounting qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) with several years' post-qualification experience in a similar role.
- Must have experience of presenting detailed financial information to finance and non-finance audiences, adapting the message accordingly.
Highly competitive basic salary and package.