Rates Product Controller
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Product Control is a key part of Institutional Banking & Markets (IB&M) Finance. It is a global team responsible for the independent oversight and financial control of the Global Markets business. Key functions include all aspects of daily P&L production and analysis plus attribution and commentary, month end accounting, General Ledger balance sheet reconciliations and other special tasks of the business across the full product range.
Product Control is a diverse team with staff in Sydney, London, New York, and Singapore, who work collaboratively to support the Global Markets business.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Fixed Income & Rates Product Control team, which is made up of experienced Product Accountants with backgrounds across Markets businesses in a range of institutions globally.
Do work that matters
As a product controller for the Interest Rate Options and FX Forwards products in Global Markets your responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of daily P&L reports
- Analysis and interpretation of daily results in line with market moves, P&L drivers and risk positions including investigating variance to trader estimate and ensuring revenue attribution is accurate
- Liaise with Front Office, Operations, Market Risk, and other stakeholders to resolve issues
- Partner Front Office on strategic desk initiatives
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of product source system data interfacing the general ledger
- Balance sheet substantiation
- Month End ledger close
- Assistance in statutory and regulatory reporting
- Ongoing enhancements to improve efficiency and controls and add value to the business
- Involvement in project work
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- Chartered Accountant
- Strong systems skills
- Exposure to Financial Services
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting standards
- Highly numerate with an excellent understanding of derivatives including advanced valuation concepts
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service, delivering quality outcomes and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 18/02/2021.
For further information, and to
apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.