Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
Michael Page are delighted to be exclusively working with this Global Manufacturing Company to find a talented Senior Commercial Finance Analyst. The role will be based in their Head Office near Banbury.
Our client is a hugely successful manufacturing Business who have a Global reach. They are renowned for quality and are heavily invested in staff development. There is a clear progression route within this role and wider Business.
The Senior Commercial Finance Analyst is a key role in EMEA and acts as a service provider to Finance Business Partners and management by performing reporting activities and by providing in-depth financial analysis for the purpose of strategic and tactical decision-making. The Commercial Finance Analyst demonstrates a sound understanding of business performance drivers and builds analytics to deepen understanding for decision-making processes and steering the business. Hence, the Commercial Finance Analyst participates in Sales Management meetings and various management committees.
Further, this position acts as key support function for the Head of FP&A, EMEA and the Manager, Commercial Finance, EMEA with regard to preparing executive information and presentations for purposes of quarterly Business Review meetings, Sales meetings, Pricing Board, etc.
Key role functions:
- Business Partner to the sales directors for the British Isles and Nordic regions on all commercial aspects of the business from contract negotiation to innovative to pricing strategies accordingly (administer strategy for excess) Creating financial models with scenario suitable for the regions to aid in monitoring progress and review
- Support the local Sales Director in order to achieve its targets by demonstrating a continuous focus on identification and realization of pricing and profitability improvements. Dotted line from commercial pricing officer and demand planner into myself for consolidation
- Enhancing profitability and pricing consistency within respective areas. Provide input to and challenge the pricing/profitability strategy and manage the operational execution of the strategy in the sub-region. RM profile project resulted in £2 million upside across Western Europe via optimisation of prices
- Steer and coordinate the margin and price setting process of the regional customer portfolio, in compliance with pricing strategy and guidelines.
- Ensure sound pricing & raw material analytics and benchmarks and pro-actively translate this into recommendations and actions. Perform impact simulations of pricing strategies prior to implementation.
- Provide first line raw material expertise in the sales organisation.
- Lead/drive budgeting and forecasting discussions for respective areas
- Contribution to the monthly Western Europe management meetings through creation and presentation of the monthly results to Western Europe VP and President
- Identify opportunities in the short, medium and long term and to ensure any risks are highlighted and its exposure is managed accordingly.
- Understanding the cross-functional aspects of profitability management, link it to the right analytical insights and be able to convince stakeholders of the best way forward - Presenting a proposal of my recommendation to influence a desired outcome
- Act as the commercial expert within the sales team, assisting in increasing financial awareness and communication
- Conduct market research and feasibility studies to analyse the viability of alternative business development opportunities.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyse financial, competitive, sales, marketing, and other information about potential business partners; new markets, products and services; or other business opportunities so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making strategic and operational decisions.
- Quarterly and yearly forecast/budget cycles alongside yearly review of the strategic 5 year plan.
A commercially orientated qualified Finance individual (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Someone who is happy to travel to Europe on occasion with the role
Excellent working environment
Exceptional training and career development