You will be joining a small team of Management Accountants where you will report into the Head of Management Accounting. This is just one department of finance within this large company. You will be required to really hit the ground running with having solid MA experience, be a key part of period end and produce the variance analysis and discuss in great detail at board level meetings at period end.
Our client is based in Liverpool City Centre, this is a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity. However there is scope for perhaps a permanent opportunity as the company is growing. My client provides various services to the public from business support, training and courses to further peoples careers, employment services.
- The preparation and distribution of periodic Management Accounts packs including detailed Board packs, group reporting packs, profit and loss accounts, periodic Performance Summaries and KPIs to strict periodic timetables.
- Preparation of periodic accruals, prepayments and provisions in relation to overheads for the management accounts to strict timetables.
- Ensure cost allocation basis for delivery support costs are constantly reviewed and accurately applied each period.
- Support the production of the cost base forecast, including direct and allocated costs, ensuring that all costs are captured and are based on robust assumptions and business intelligence.
- Support periodic P&L reviews with operations, utilising the suite of financial and KPI reports available
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Proven previous experience within an Management Accountant position
- Confident to provide Finance Business Partner support
- Really able to start and hit the ground running
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Have experience of playing a key part in period end process
- February start date 2021
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Liverpool city centre, beautifully located close to train stations
- Exposure to a leading and growing companies accounts