Senior Financial Accounting Manager
To manage a team of Finance Managers and Accountants, deliver monthly financials, financial compliance, maintenance of a strong control environment and continuous process improvements.
Alongside this there is an expectation to be an active member of the Financial Controls team to identify opportunities for working more effectively across the wider team; including the implementation of consistent processes and procedures across entities.
My client is a global market leader in the healthcare sector based in Surrey.
- Managing a team of 7. Ensuring resource is best used across the team and supporting development needs when required.
- Lead by example and set an appropriate tone within the team; promote a positive, open and friendly working environment where each team member is valued, supported and challenged.
- Accurate and timely completion of month end activities across all entities. Ensuring all team members take responsibility for their role in month end.
- Reviewing journals and workings/calculations prepared by team members and the wider finance team, ensuring there is sufficient and adequate supporting documentation. Including high level overview of all journals posted.
- Compiling month end results summaries by entity and interrogating accuracy
Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation files are complete and accurate for all entities.
- Ensuring that any risks are understood and Finance Managers actively follow up on the 'health' of accounts using commercial context as appropriate.
- Timely clearance of review points.
- Build and maintain a positive and strong relationship with inter-co counterparties.
- Analysing inter-co transactions and balances during the month and agreeing at month end via signed inter-co agreements.
- Monthly upload of all inter-co balances and transactions into system running inter-co reconciliation reports and check that there are no mismatches.
External audit, tax, VAT and SOX compliance
- Support Financial Accounting team in preparing Financial Statements.
- Deliver information required by auditors in line with agreed timetable.
- Support external audit team
- Ensure financial controls, including SOX are adhered to and evidence is documented.
Process improvements and resource optimisation
- Promote a culture of analysis and self-review within the team.
- Proactively contribute to existing and future projects, in particular the SAP implementation project.
- Work together with a wider Finance team to establish and roll out better accounting processes and de-risking existing activities.
Fully qualified accountant with current knowledge of IFRS/ UK GAAP.
Previous team management experience is essential.
Great attention to detail, logical and reasoned approach to problem solving with a can-do attitude.
Ability to multitask and prioritise in a fast paced environment.
Ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Salary to £75,000 including care allowance
- Private medical cover
- 25 days holiday
- On target bonus