My Client is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to work closely with Finance & Accounting leadership for Vietnam's most prestigious Foreign University. The institution has a global reputation for excellence and having seen a period of significant growth is in need of a strong Accounting Manager to help drive the Accountancy function. The role is open to home working as well as in their state of the art locations in either HCMC or Hanoi.
The Client is a global university recognised for leadership and innovation in a number of sectors covering Business, Technology, Design, and Enterprise. They pride themselves on a truly international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and creativity. Ranked in the top 250 universities in the world, it is currently the only university in Vietnam that offers an internationally accepted curriculum relevant to not only the national but global marketplace also.
With world class facilities located in both HCMC and Hanoi and further plans for development in the works for the coming years, this is a unique opportunity to work in an international environment with one of the most forward thinking educational institutions in Asia.
- Ensure accounting records are compliant with accounting standards, laws, and regulations
- To meet the requirements of relevant authorities, the university's policies and procedures also
- Provide accurate and timely quantitative information on financial performance to management
Leadership & Team Management
- Manage the finance department in absence of Senior Manager
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all relevant internal & external stakeholders
- Manage, develop, and recruit subordinates. Set direction and guidance to team
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Ensure understanding and accountability of financial accounting requirements and compliance across different departments
- Oversee financial transaction processing and ensure all accounting records are compliant with Vietnamese standards and also IFRS
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on accounting treatment, focusing on compliance and tax
- Accountable for the University's financial statements and statutory reporting
- Responsible for reporting on KPI's, variances against the budget, P&L performance
- Regular balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and maintain proper management and statutory reporting in a quantitative and accurate manner
- Co-ordinate all activities necessary to fulfil requirements of internal/external audit
- Optimise cash management
- Forecast cash flow accurately
- Act as a key representative of the Accounting team in strategic budgeting process
- Provide strategic financial recommendations on how to improve balance sheet and cash flow position
- First point of contact for Group and local team regarding Accounting systems
- Responsible for local accounting, tax related systems and accounting process improvement
- Input for development of systems and facilitate efficient and consistent financial reporting across the group.
The successful candidate will be currently working in a Chief Accountant position. They should be coming from a technical accounting background and must be qualified as a Chief Accountant. Further experience in management/leadership is also preferred.
Experience working in the higher education sector is not essential but beneficial. Most important is the candidate's ambition and drive. The role requires a level of professionalism befitting of the institution they will be representing.
English language proficiency is a must for this position. Any successful candidates will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at Advanced level (Linguaskill score 170) - Equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
This position is open to home working and doesn't have to be office based. The university has locations in Hanoi and HCMC and doesn't require every day attendance.
This is a unique chance to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package plus allowances
- 13th month tet bonus
- Private premium health insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 sick days per annum (Accumulative)
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Timothy Mulloy on +84 28 6284 8251.