Associate/Senior Associate, Valuation and Business Modelling (Financial Services)
Associate/Senior Associate, Valuation and Business Modelling (Financial Services), Strategy and Transactions
EY’s Strategy and Transactions (SaT) service line offers strategic corporate clients and private equity clients professional transaction advice and services, from the strategic analysis phase of the transaction lifecycle, through execution, to transaction integration. Within SaT, Valuation, Modelling and Economics (VME) advises our clients on a variety of issues concerning their investment, finance and strategic options. VBM teams extensively with other competencies within EY working on a diverse range of issues including but not limited to transactions, investments, strategic issues, focusing on: banking, insurance, wealth and asset management, fintech / insurtech, regulatory issues as well as the more traditional issues encountered in a transaction.
Within EY, we have a dedicated Financial Services Office with over 7,500 professionals in the Asia-Pacific region across Transaction Advisory, Consulting, Tax and Assurance who focus on the financial services sector, allowing our transaction advice to be specific for the financial services industry. Our financial services team serve a broad array of banking and capital markets, insurance, and wealth and asset management clients. You will be part of and can benefit from the deep experience of the EY Financial Services Office across Asia Pacific.
About the Opportunity
Are you good at seeing the big picture and a keen eye for the fast changing world of financial services? Do you have burning interest in the Financial Services industry and enjoy being on the cutting edge? Then join the EY Strategy and Transactions team and gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We currently have career opportunity for Associates / Senior Associates to join our Valuation, Modelling and Economics group within Strategy and Transactions - Financial Services in Singapore. We work across all industries and operate in a broad range of disciplines including:
- Strategic decisions support (bespoke financial models)
- Transaction related valuation
- Financial due diligence
- Strategic planning and capital allocation
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial planning
- Data analytics and visualisation
About your role
As an Associate / Senior Associate within Valuation, Modelling and Economics, you are likely to spend your day to day working on complex financial decisions, working with management on parts of the strategic client decisions and acquisitions and regularly undertake creation of financial models using data analytics techniques for strategic priorities.
In your role you will:
- Deliver valuation and financial modelling engagements for strategic planning, capital allocation, transaction support, investment appraisal, financial planning and reporting purposes
- Engage in financial due diligence
- Provide clients with modelling solutions, data analytics and analysis to address complex business problems
- Leverage technology, analytical tools and techniques to deliver insights and enhance the value and effectiveness of services provided
- Maintain and develop positive, productive and professional relationships with internal and external clients
- Work in a highly regarded FS team, which values collaboration, respect and knowledge sharing
- Work in close collaboration with other Transaction Advisory teams and the wider firm
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong financial modelling skills in Excel
- Good understanding of accounting principles for financial institutions (banks, insurers, etc.)
- Good understanding of valuation principles (DCF, comparable valuation, intangible assets valuation)
- Ability to learn new data analytics tools and related software, including data visualization and database skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Excellent business English skills - both writing and verbal
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Accounting & Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering
- Strong financial modelling skills (Excel) and the ability to create fit for purpose financial models (e.g., valuation, cash flow, integrated financial statement, operational and decision support models) using best practice techniques and applying sound commercial judgment
- Ability to learn / demonstrated capability in using visualisation software and managing large data sets (PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau, Alteryx)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to building internal and external networks
- Relevant experience that may include another financial modelling team or consulting, FP&A, investment banking, corporate development, or engineering
- Tolerance for extensive travel
Ideally, you also have
- CFA or CFA candidate
A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate must also be willing and able to travel, when necessary and are intellectually curious and committed to staying at the cutting edge of analytical best practice.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
When you work at EY, you learn how to be part of a high performing team that works together to tackle client issues. And you create the relationships with clients and colleagues that will continue to build your career – wherever that career may take you. The time you spend with us is never actually spent, only invested. Apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.