Financial Analyst – Supervising Associate
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40 000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
We are looking for an experienced, credible and highly motivated Supervising Finance Analyst to strengthen our EMEIA PAS (People Advisory Services) Finance team. The EMEIA PAS Supervising Finance Analyst will report into the EMEIA PAS Associate Director and will be a key member of the EMEIA PAS Enablement Team.
The role will be vital in the controlling and financial management of our PAS CoE (Center of Excellence - our ‘Investment hub’), as well supporting regions to focus on revenue generation, resource mix optimization and cost management. It will therefore require commercial acumen, a technical understanding of financial management and a ‘hands on’ approach to supporting CoE as well as PAS as an Area. The candidate must be flexible, adaptable and thrive in an ever-evolving environment, with proven ability to deal with ambiguity and tackle complex problems.
The role will involve controlling, planning and analysis of weekly, monthly, and annual financial performance. Forward-view is also important.
- Ensure month-end accounting process are carried out accurately and efficiently within a tight schedule (including accruals, prepayments, reconciliations and balance sheet review)
- Review expenses going through the PAS CoE P&L on a weekly basis, monitoring and challenging accordingly
- Prepare weekly/monthly review and analysis of Investment budgets – identifying areas of over/under spend, root cause and reporting back findings
- Help to ensure processes are adhered (e.g. accounts payable are adhered to and invoices are coded correctly) becoming an expert and SME in controlling
- Build a network of contacts within the business and the wider Finance team in order to bring best in class analytical support, functional expertise and reporting solutions.
- Assist EMEIA PAS leadership in all the processes the team lead to provide insights to the business: weekly and monthly performance reviews, Strategic and Financial planning processes, business modelling, ad’hoc analysis
- Your role will cover the P&L performance review and also the Markets Finance aspects related to the accounts performance
- It will involve explaining variances in performance compared to plan figures, both from a financial and business perspective
- Deliver weekly and monthly performance reporting for respective business, adding insights, financial analysis and commentary. Maintain a robust month end reporting process, and ensure commentaries are timely, insightful and action oriented
- Respond to requests from Finance and Service Line Leadership to answer financial questions and provide insightful information to support leadership discussion and decision making. Support the design and delivery of ad hoc financial analysis. Ability to model projections, identify trends and issues.
- Take part and lead planning/forecasting processes. Support the completion of various Plan, Forecast, MLP (Market Leadership Plan) and revenue planning cycles, ensure outputs align to the objectives set at the Regional, Area and Global levels
- Support and assist the business in improving their insights into business performance
- Ensure processes are as efficient as possible whilst constantly looking to make improvements where possible. Take part in improvement projects re. processes, procedures and systems
Skills and attributes for success:
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance)
- 4+ years of experience in finance/business roles with at least 3 years of supervisory, analytical, forecasting and budgeting experience
- Very good spoken and written English
- It is expected that this individual works with minimum supervision of Senior team members
- Ability to work in a virtual global organization respecting international cultures
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
- Good presentation, leadership, problem-solving, analytical, and listening skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative in approach to problem solving
- Computer proficiency; be proficient or trainable in complex aspects of financial software packages, including Essbase, Hyperion, Business Objects
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools, predominantly Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel may be required based on business need
What we look for:
We’re interested in hiring a professional with excellent Finance knowledge as well as someone very customer focused with superb communication skills. This position is expected to have autonomy and proactively raise issues or concerns to Senior members as necessary.
What working at EY offers:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our professionals can be required to travel regularly, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.