Consulting - Government - Agriculture - Senior Manager
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
PwC is building an agribusiness practice in the Middle East, leveraging its global agribusiness expertise and regional client relationships. PwC advises a wide range of clients, including government ministries, food safety and security agencies, industrial food companies, and agribusiness investors.
Your role is to work directly with the client on economic, technical, operational, financial and regulatory issues, ranging from broad sector reform to more specific engagements such as market assessments, operations and distribution, project feasibility studies, and government policy development.
You will be expected to work with government officials, private company executives, and/or Steering Teams composed of public and private sector stakeholders.
You will have a number of responsibilities, including delivering outstanding client results, managing project teams composed of internal and client staff, facilitating client meetings to design and implement recommendations, participating in business development activities, and writing proposals. You will operate at a Senior Manager level and be capable of providing high quality advice and experience to our clients in these areas, while working as part of a project delivery team.
You will be part of a highly skilled, specialist team of professionals, while at the same time you will be encouraged to initiate and develop new ideas. Our team has an excellent track record of delivering high quality work to government agencies and major international clients. With your help, we have ambitious growth plans for the next few years.
The position requires an undergraduate degree related to the agriculture/food sector, and a master’s degree in a relevant field such as: economics, public policy, and/or management/business administration. Alternately, strong work experience in the agriculture/food sector can substitute if the undergraduate degree is in a different field.
PwC seeks high-performing individuals with analytical minds and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ideal candidates are self-starters who can manage their time effectively and can educate themselves while contributing to dramatic client performance improvement.
PwC seeks a Senior Manager with experience working for a management consulting firm, an international agribusiness /food company, an international financial institution, a multinational agency, and/or an investment firm.
Additional information on required credentials:
- Track record and/or demonstrated interest working in the MENA region, in particular the GCC.
- Demonstrated experience with policy analysis, operational strategies and/or financial analysis.
- Demonstrated progression and advancement into positions of greater responsibility.
- Supervisory or management experience a plus.
- Team-oriented and demonstrated success in delivering results.
- Assertive and confident presence.
- Self-starter with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Significant management responsibility early in career a big plus.
- Comfortable working with all levels of management.
- Language skills: English business fluency required.
- Arabic fluency required
- Working as a strong team member on delivery of assignments, with the ability to take ownership of your own areas of the project.
- Managing client relationships at multiple levels of management.
- Managing teams of consultants to collect data, interview stakeholders, develop an understanding of the client situation, identify best practices to be adapted to the client situation, and develop working hypotheses to be turned into recommendations
- and implementation roadmaps after rigorous analysis.
- Identifying business development opportunities, and preparing clients proposals.
- Collaborating with the marketing staff to prepare marketing materials to promote PwC’s agribusiness practice.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.