Alternative Investment Fund Accounting Team Manager, VP
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will be part of the AIS Fund Accounting team in Luxembourg primarily focused on maintaining direct client relationships and managing and directing day-to-day accounting and administration for multiple clients. This is a senior level position dealing with all levels of professional both internally and externally. Candidate must have a strong interpersonal and communication skills and must have a strong accounting background with proven record of managing staff and building relationships with clients.
Why this role is important to us
Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting, VP you will:
- Manage Priorities and internal workflows to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met. Interact and collaborate with other team leads to ensure coordination of deliverables and achieving organization goals.
- Maintain working relationship with client contacts, including investment professionals, auditors and banking personnel.
- Review quarterly and annual financial workpapers including portfolio schedules, accruals, waterfall calculations and investors allocations.
- Review and develop understanding of investment fund legal documents, including complete understanding of investor allocations and distribution waterfalls, and assist team in ensuring all accounting procedures and calculations are consistent with governing documents.
- Support accounting team in review of complex calculations for e.g. complex management fee calculations, investor equalization etc.
- Prepare materials supporting new business opportunities and presentation thereof to potential clients. Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Perform oversight of any outsourced fund accounting or financial reporting work. Maintain trackers and MIS reporting for key processes and deliverables.
- Ensure the development and implementation of training for all levels of accounting staff and management.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Contribute to positive collaborative working culture within the Fund accounting team, promoting our values.
What we value
- Solid previous experience, including 3 to 4 years of managerial experience.
- Experience in the private equity or real assets industry and financial reporting experience or relevant experience.
- Familiarity wit the Luxembourg regulatory environment is desirable.
- Strong working experience in Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- College degree in accounting. Professional accounting qualification preferably ACA, ACCA
- Solid experience of Fund accounting and reporting.
- Proficient use of MS Office Standard
- Familiarity with Investran is beneficial but not essential
- Fluent in English – any other major European languages are an advantage.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.