Intercompany Accounting and Ledger Control #159513
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The Intercompany team is responsible for the operation of account level controls such as intra entity elimination, monitoring and management of suspense and control accounts, reconciliation to sources, etc; where these activities lie within Group Finance. The team is also responsible for booking of journals for small entities on the firm’s ledger and creating the Share GAAP trail balance. We are also responsible for ensuring integrity and accuracy of project portfolio including actuals forecast and budget, capitalisation of internally developed software and accounting for fixed assets. The team is also involved in the elimination and management of inter-company items, and the booking, settlement and management of Transfer Pricing.
- We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Responsible to post bank entries and prepare bank reconciliation for various bank accounts
- Preparation of various journal entries for accruals, audit fees, management fees, performance fees, recharges, fixed assets, transfer pricing etc.
- Monitoring and Investigating P&L and Balance Sheet Intercompany breaks
- Responsible for Settlement of Intercompany balances
- Preparing aging analysis of outstanding IC balances and ensuring quality commentary of breaks reported.
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing calculations and accounting for the same.
- Monitoring of the suspense and control accounts and related processes.
- Tracking of open items and appropriate escalation in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely and quality signoff of accounting balances on a monthly basis
- Responsible to liaise with different business partners to understand their data requirement and work towards meeting those requirements
- Liaising with business partners/ counterparts to resolve IC Breaks.
- Manage hand-offs with other departments e.g. Entity controllers, Operations and other Finance Teams
- Contribute in ad-hoc projects to improve processes
- Accounting for Fixed assets and leases.
- Responsible for liaising with the data providers for the accurate inputs with respect to the lease contracts and purchase of fixed assets.
- Ensure that SOPs (standard operating procedures) are developed and kept up to date for all processes.
- Perform analytical review of the process on a monthly basis and preparation of governance packs and MIS reports for senior management.
- Liaising with auditors and other upstream departments on an ad-hoc basis
- Acting as backup in the absence of other team members
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work
- Experience of 3-5 year of which 3+ years’ experience in financial accounting in a banking environment, preferably within Investment banking background.
- Alternatively Degree as Business Analyst
Technical / soft skills
- Strong client focus attitude.
- Demonstrate good MS Office skills (practical Excel knowledge)
- Knowledge of Financial Systems (PSFT, Essbase) preferable.
- Solid conceptual and analytical skills with a flair for data and figures Focus on delivery.
- Strong written and verbal communications abilities
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.