Financial Accountant, Fixed Term Contract
Purpose of role: Management and Financial Reporting for the Group
Reports to: Finance Manager
Interacts with: Financial Reporting, Tax, Treasury, FP&A and Internal Audit
Location: Dublin Head Office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the preparation of periodic financial and management accounts.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for a number of international legal entities.
- Liaise with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities.
- Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods).
- Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
- Understand the commercial drivers behind the financial performance of the company.
- Other ad hoc reporting and project involvement as required.
Education and Training
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience (experience in retail environment would be an advantage).
- Experience in managing a team.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- English is essential and another other European language would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic.
- MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required.
- Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.