Product Control Analyst - Fixed Term Contract
- Perform relatively complex assignments, and resolve basic to moderately complex issues based on experience
- Escalate anomalies and issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Assist with an expansive array of products and services, utilizing technical expertise and knowledge of team goals
- Develop and apply knowledge on how assigned duties contribute to the work of the Finance team
- Recommend solutions to improve productivity within established guidelines as required
- Exchange complex or sensitive information with discretion
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Product Control is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
What do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of investment banking products.
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment : creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working: the office in Warsaw is based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called ‘Citi-Works’. This delivers a positive and bright work environment.
- Flexible working is also provided to all employees.
- An environment conducive to building a professional network across the organization globally
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.
- You will be responsible for supporting end-to-end Product Control process. Daily P&L and Balance reporting and trend analisys.
- Work closely with all areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Trading Desk, Risk Management, Operations, Middle Office and IT teams
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and also work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an enquiring and questioning mind-set.
What do we expect from our Product Control Analyst?
- 0-1 year work experience
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must and we are open to other majors
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in house and industry standard systems used in this position.
- Digital tools knowledge (RPA, KNIME, Power BI, Python)
- ACCA - nice to have
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.