Regional Finance Development Delegate
The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality.
Supporting National Society Partners to respond adequately to the humanitarian needs of affected populations is a key priority in Norwegian Red Cross’ international strategy 2021-2023. Within Finance Development (FD) we therefore support partners to develop governance and finance management systems, processes and practices, enabling them to become effective, efficient, self-sustained, accountable and transparent humanitarian actors.
To help us reach our objectives in FD we want to strengthen our team in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) with a Regional Finance Development Delegate. The Delegate will take on responsibilities in FD standard development and implementation, project assessment, design and planning, monitoring, results management and learning, facilitation, coaching and training of National Societies and other relevant parties, and, when required, work hands on in support of National Societies implementing FD initiatives.
We are looking for a person with a strong background in finance and organizational development.
Mission specific responsibilities:
- Maintains a regional FD portfolio responsibility contributing to development and consistent use of FD approach and standards, performs ongoing analysis, supports results management in FD projects, and enables learning across FD interventions in MENA.
- Identifies ways to demonstrate the effects of improved finance management on humanitarian operations and achievements.
- Engages frequently with counterparts in Norwegian Red Cross at national, regional and country level, and ICRC, IFRC and National Societies.
We seek a person who;
- quickly understands and analyses complex challenges and comes up with sound, rational and realistic solutions; combines conceptual and synthesis skills with that of providing tangible, hands-on support
- understand organizations’ structure, informal rules and culture, and utilizes political processes effectively to get things done
- co-operates well with others and has strong communication skills; shares knowledge, experience and information and supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in own area and participates in continuous development
- makes an impact and promotes plans and ideas successfully
Relevant University degree, preferably at Master’s level or equivalent, in Finance/Accounting, Organizational studies, and preferably Development studies
- coaching, training, facilitating, managing and/or supporting staff and partners.
- humanitarian aid organizations, preferably in a developing country
- financial management. Experience in resource mobilisation will is an asset
- fluent written and spoken English, Arabic language skills is a strong asset
- fully familiar with software applications- windows, spreadsheets, word processing, accounting packages
Deputy Regional Representative in MENA, based in Beirut, Lebanon
Position is based in:
Lebanon with travels to other country offices in region, including but not limited to Iraq, Syria and Yemen.
12-month contract, with possible extension
Why should you apply?
- Meaningful: You`ll be a part of the world's largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
- Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
- Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
- A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity.
We do thorough background checks on relevant candidates.