Financial Controller Manager - Investment Management
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- A competitive compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley’s world-class internal trainings
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- A supportive and vibrant multinational environment, we accept individual differences and believe in teamwork
- Oversee the Budapest Investment Management Team with a particular focus on driving tactical and strategic transformations initiatives across the various areas
- Leverage your experiences in re-designing process flows, driving and delivering process automation initiatives and in cross-border collaboration on various projects, which may include cross-functional and agile squads
- Managing teams in a fast paced, international environment
- Oversee and review the production and delivery of periodic reports delivered to BU facing team
- Team management responsibility including goal setting and performance evaluation
- Review and develop current processes to increase efficiency (e.g., Tableau, VBA) and effectiveness
- Identify and cross-utilize best practices and analytical techniques
- Manage deliverables on tight deadline
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves
- Minimum of 7 years of experience
- Detail oriented mindset with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel (e.g., pivot tables), PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
- Superior analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with key stakeholders
- Collaborative approach and strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment
- Intellectual curiosity with a focus on information sharing
- Leadership potential with strong relationship building skills
- Self-motivator and team player personality who brings a can-do approach
- Skills Preferred (but not required):
- Oracle Essbase & Tableau experience
- Dataiku experience
- Investment Management experience is a plus
The Investment Management Budapest Finance team is responsible for reporting of non-Compensation expenses for Investment Management, investigation of differences between forecast and actuals as well as certain segment accrual booking and reconciliation for certain expense categories within Professional Services, Marketing and Business Development Expenses and Other Expenses. The team’s profile also includes managing receivables of Fund disbursements and overseeing the due diligence and accounting for certain Distribution fee revenues and third-party intermediary payments for Morgan Stanley off-shore funds in collaboration with IM Operations teams.
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
There are various employee offers such as discount theatre tickets, dry cleaning service and many more.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.