Accountant, Fund Accounting
- Maintain the books and records for Funds’ assets in accordance of U.S. GAAP. Calculates daily Net Asset Values for complex funds accurately and on a timely basis.
- Researches and resolves cash and security breaks between accounting records and the custodian.
- Possesses basic knowledge of various roles executed within operational areas.
- Review daily NAV calculations and related work papers attached to fund valuations executed by fund accounting partners
- Verify and record investment security transactions
- Possess solid knowledge base on how corporate actions affect the Fund’s balance sheet.
- Mentors and trains fund accountants new to the practice.
- Technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day queries, and serves as a liaison to related areas.
- Solid understanding of investment vehicles such as equities, fixed income, derivative securities, etc.
- Thorough understanding of internal accounting controls and procedures unique to Northern Trust and the individual funds.
- In-depth knowledge of an accounting platform utilized to calculate the NAV of various investment strategies. Preferred knowledge of the FIS InvestOne system.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Is able to handle day-to-day work challenges confidently, as well as adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Strong PC skills including MS Word, Access, Excel and other relevant department software.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with peers and management.
- Ability to train and coach employees.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- 2-5 years of mutual fund and fund accounting experience.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.