Senior Audit Manager, Business Banking
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Business Banking (BB) team is responsible for auditing CBA’s Business Banking portfolio, which includes Everyday Business Banking (Deposits, Merchants, Customer, Digital, Payments etc.), Business Lending (including Asset Finance, Property Finance, Corporate Finance) and CommSec.
This covers customer facing teams in segments including Small Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Regional & Agribusiness Banking and Major Client Group.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing the delivery of a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and the Group’s Audit & Risk Committees, including relevant subsidiary boards and committees
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank’s customers
- Providing commercial insights to customers that makes a real difference to their business
Do work that matters
- Assist the Executive Manager to build, review and deliver a relevant, dynamic, risk-based audit plan for the Business Banking team to appropriately capture key and emerging Operational, Regulatory and Finance risks
- Effectively support, supervise and direct all aspects of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure including administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Draft issues and agree factual accuracy and ratings with the Team Leader and the stakeholders, as well support the Executive Manager in preparing simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reporting, including audit reports and issue logs
- Prepare and deliver simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reports for customers, including the Board Audit Committee and relevant subsidiary board and risk committees to provide end to end view of risk
- Use analytics during audits to drive audit efficiency and deeper insights (i.e. analytics lead-in reviews and KRI monitoring to drive audit scope and targeted audit testing)
- Develop knowledge of the Groups IT systems and processes and how it supports the area being audited and share this knowledge with the audit team
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Experience in Audit and working in a large financial institution or in professional services firms with an extensive understanding of Business Banking Products and associated regulatory compliance risks, non financial risks and operational risks
- Ability to analyze large datasets using SAS/SQL tools
- Experience in Process, Risk and controls mapping tools such as Microsoft Visio or ARIS
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder engagement with the ability to present and influence the leadership team and senior management
- Relevant professional and/or internationally recognised audit qualifications
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 24/01/2021
Whether you’re passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career with CommBank is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we’re driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you’ll thrive. You’ll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.