Senior Manager, Regional GFG Internal Control and SOX
Get to know our Team:
The Internal Controls and SOX team is a newly established team responsible for:
- Ensuring the Group’s compliance with SOX regulations, and internal control good practices
- Ensure effective and efficient financial policies, processes and controls in place
- Safeguarding of company assets through mitigating financial risks & exposures
- Continuous improvements on financial operation through implementing innovative solutions
We make an impact by working with multiple business stakeholders to understand and improve internal controls. Our team is made up of intellectually curious professionals who are keen to apply their knowledge and experience in a dynamic setting. If you are looking for the opportunity to shape the control environment at a fast-paced and dynamic technology firm, then you should join our team!
Get to know the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Regional GFG Internal Control and SOX to provide advisory on the adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting for the Group’s Fintech areas. We believe a successful candidate has audit and risk advisory experience in Fintech, but if you believe you have what it takes then we’d love to hear from you either way. In return, you will get an opportunity to apply your expertise and be the internal go-to person on application of internal control principles in FinTech.
The day-to-day activities:
- Support the Regional Head of Internal Controls and SOX focusing on all risks arising from the Grab Financial Group business in South East Asia.
- Plan and perform a top-down, risk-based approach to evaluating internal controls over financial reporting to ensure requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley Act are met, including the ongoing periodic assessments
- Serve as in-house subject matter expert on internal control requirements of FinTech regulators, including those of the Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Review draft/ final report and participate in the presentation of findings.
- Develop and maintain business relations with senior levels of management, and be the trusted risk advisor on control related matters.
The must haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accountancy, finance or equivalent
- Professional certification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CIA)
- 12-15 years of audit and risk advisory (including Sarbanes-Oxley) experience, relating to FinTech, Payments, Insurance Intermediary, Lending, Wealth Management
- Good understanding of FinTech products and the associated operational and financial reporting risks.
- Excellent command of English
- Proficiency in productivity tools (email, calendar, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical skills, good communication and presentation skills, good business acumen,
- Ability to think on your feet and work independently in a start-up environment.
Experience and knowledge in the following:
- Leadership skills, with strong confidence for interaction with senior stakeholders.
- Ability to empathise and collaborate with stakeholders across functions and at all levels of experience
- Experience in financial reporting and operational risk controls within the financial industry
- Strong analytical skills and experience with industry, regulatory developments particularly in APAC and willingness to learn new concepts and methods
- Knowledgeable with current industry standards such as COSO, and has strong relationships with private sector counterparts.
- Risk advisory skills (internal controls over financial reporting)
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing teams.
- Qualification in Accounting, Internal Auditing.
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques.
- Significant and diverse professional / internal audit experience, including International exposure (US & APAC)
- Strong communication, influencing skills and reporting writing skills.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Ability to provide direction to the team and the organization to ensure successful implementation of ICOFR policies and procedures
- Identify issues, determine root cause and recommend accurate and actionable solutions to improve controls and manage risk to the company’s risk appetite.
- Possess sound judgement with critical thinking skills and demonstrated in applying effective problem-solving techniques, thinking ahead to manage issues effectively.
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments
- A natural leader who displays integrity, humility and responsibility, with excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter and independent learner who takes the initiative to challenge the status quo.
- A big-picture thinker who is detail-oriented
- Structured thought process with strong analytical ability
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.