Senior Manager Financial Control - Project
CFS (Colonial First State) Finance supports the Senior Leadership Team of the CFS business under the Deputy CEO Office to manage and grow its superannuation and platform businesses.
See yourself in our team
Due to internal secondment’s to support the separation process we are hiring a number of Managers within our Business Partnering Function. These roles play an integral part of a dedicated team that provides strategic and tactical financial leadership to support the CFS and CBA senior executives.
These opportunities are for a 12 month fixed term period with the opportunity to transfer into the new business in July 2021. The role will have emphasis on the areas including but not limited to management reporting, planning & forecasting, financial insights & analysis, expense management & analysis and decision support.
Do work that matters
- Lead and manage Statutory and Board Reporting team.
- Lead, review and deliver internal reporting.
- Lead and oversee Bank and other reconciliations.
- Support Executive Manager, Finance and CFO to liaise with regulators.
- Own accounting policy and manage accounting and regulatory compliance.
- Work with Finance and IT teams to update processes, controls, data and systems for changes.
- Manage accounting and regulatory compliance, e.g. Prudential Standard SPS 515 Strategic Planning and Member Outcomes compliance and reporting to APRA.
- Manage month end and reporting period end close and consolidation.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Proven track record in the monthly close process and controls.
- Experience in translating complex business issues into an IT requirement and working closely with the IT and Data Analytics teams to ensure efficient processes and production of accurate, timely and relevant information.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oracle experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with managing situations where “influencing” and practical outcomes are paramount to achieving success.
- Post graduate accounting qualification (CA, CPA or equivalent).
- 8+ years’ experience working with financial services wealth industry.
- Accounting and legislative analysis and Regulatory environment in FS.
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash consideration of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the first half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 27/01/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.