Transfer Agency Specialist, Senior Associate (Italian Speaker)
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Italian speaking professional with at least 3 year of experience within the financial industry. In this role, you will be responsible for the correct and timely processing of specific operational activities performed in the areas of Fund Trading Services such as: orders management, reconciliation of cash and security accounts, reporting, dividends payment, fund administration support.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Transfer Agency Specialist you will
- Demonstrate timely and accurate processing of the relevant tasks at all times in accordance with SLAs, operating procedures and legal regulations.
- Perform independently all tasks described in the relevant SOPs and job aids.
- Manage issues and errors by:
- escalating and reporting in the appropriate systems and to the Manager in due time
- perform root cause analysis
- developing a remediation plan when applicable
- follow up to resolution of the issue/remediation of the error
- Ensure a timely update of SOPs and Job aids.
- Support and lead the day to day running of the operations executed by the team.
- Support the Manager in assuring that all activities are sufficiently covered at all times, included during sickness and holidays periods.
- Ensure that the other team members are properly trained.
- Engage in building an effective working relationship with internal and external clients.
- Involve in departmental ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly reports for management review. Compile and categorize data used for monthly operational metrics.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested by the Manager.
- Make recommendations for changes to processes and procedures and prepare documentation for review as required.
- Undertake appropriate housekeeping duties e.g. filing, archiving, carrying out a clean desk policy.
- Take responsibility for personal development and training.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills.
- Accuracy and ability to work within tight deadlines.
- PC literate and competent in use of MS Excel spreadsheets, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a team environment
- Quick in thinking, reflection & execution
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 3 years of experience in the financial industry.
- A thorough understanding of fund trading services is required
- Basic understanding of fund administration would be useful but not essential.
- Good level of English.
- Fluent Italian spoken and written.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.