Director - Head of Intercompany and Ledger Control Team (ICLC), Group Finance # 166615
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Head of ICLC globally within Group Finance.
This is a senior role reporting to the Head of Finance & Management Accounting & Reporting (FMAR), which is a senior MD role which reports in turn to the Global Head of Group Finance.
The FMAR function is within the wider Group Finance organization including also Group Analytics, Accounting and Regulatory Policy. The function is a team of approx. 500 people accountable for the US, IFRS and Swiss GAAP financial close and consolidation, and entity level financial accounting and reporting for all legal entities globally
Group Finance is a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Within FMAR the processes include, but are not limited to:
The Head is responsible for a globally distributed team based in Pune, India, of 90+ people. The team is responsible for the core ledger processes and the fundamental controls that are a foundation for the creation of the Group’s Financial-Statements. The role is also key in the ongoing strategic development of the FMAR organization, which is undergoing significant strategic change, and will help to guide and implement that change.
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Balance Sheet management and account ownership
- Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting Control
- Intercompany settlements
- Transfer Pricing calculation and posting
- Portfolio management and reporting
- Coordinate with key senior managers across the organization in Group Finance and other functions including Risk, Treasury, Tax, Product Control, Operations.
- Lead all aspects of monitoring and measurement of process performance, the day to day challenge and reporting of control and process issues, and the identification and prioritization of remediation and improvement tasks and opportunities
- Define, build, manage and maintain appropriate control standards for the process, in compliance with control frameworks, and ensure appropriately embedded in detailed processes
- Seek to ensure that business partners are appropriately informed of process performance results and issues, control matters, and developing trends etc.
- Participate in and drive relevant governance forums including, but not restricted to, process design and management bodies, monthly/quarterly close management bodies, operational risk management bodies etc.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.