Senior Audit Manager, Retail Banking Services
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provide independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders. GA&A were recognised by Ernst & Young and PwC as the leading internal audit function among Australian peers in the financial services industry.
See yourself in our team
The Retail Banking Services and Group Strategy audit team is responsible for auditing the Retail Banking Services (RBS) business unit. RBS provides simple, convenient and affordable banking products and services to personal customers, helping them manage their everyday banking needs, buy a home, protect their assets or invest for the future.
Key areas in RBS include Home Buying, Everyday Banking, Consumer Finance, Direct Channels, Customer Service Network, Digital Operations & Technology and Collections.
The team adds value to the Group by:
- Overseeing the delivery of a professional and highly valued audit service to the business and the Group’s Audit & Risk Committees, including relevant subsidiary boards and committees
- Providing objective assurance on risk management to key customers (e.g. Group Executives and their leadership teams) to secure the financial wellbeing of the Bank’s customers
- Providing commercial insights to customers that makes a real difference to their business
Do work that matters
- Assist the Executive Manager to build, review and deliver a relevant, dynamic, risk-based audit plan for the Retail Banking Services team to appropriately capture key and emerging Operational, Regulatory and Finance risks
- Effectively support, supervise and direct all aspects of the audit from Planning, Fieldwork, Reporting, and through to audit closure including administration of key audit stage-gates in the audit electronic workflow system
- Draft issues and agree factual accuracy and ratings with the Team Leader and the stakeholders, as well support the Executive Manager in preparing simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reporting, including audit reports and issue logs
- Prepare and deliver simple, pragmatic and easy to read audit reports for customers, including the Board Audit Committee and relevant subsidiary board and risk committees to provide end to end view of risk
- Use analytics during audits to drive audit efficiency and deeper insights (i.e. analytics lead-in reviews and KRI monitoring to drive audit scope and targeted audit testing)
- Develop knowledge of the Groups IT systems and processes and how it supports the area being audited and share this knowledge with the audit team
We’re interested in hearing from people who possess
- Experience in Audit and working in a large financial institution or in professional services firms with an extensive understanding of Retail Banking Products and associated regulatory compliance risks, non financial risks and operational risks
- Ability to analyze large datasets using SAS/SQL tools
- Experience in Process, Risk and controls mapping tools such as Microsoft Visio or ARIS
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and senior stakeholder engagement with the ability to present and influence the leadership team and senior management
- Relevant professional and/or internationally recognised audit qualifications
If this sounds interesting to you, APPLY NOW!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 24/01/2021For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.