Senior Consultant (Financial Services Consulting)
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
Mazars Financial Services (FS) Consulting is experiencing exciting growth and we have various opportunities for talented and high performing individuals to be based in the Hong Kong office given the opportunities arising from increasing regulatory scrutiny and supervision.
Our team covers several areas including risk management, regulatory, compliance, internal controls, HKFRS and project management for Financial Institutions.
What you can expect
The Senior Consultant would be expected to participate in the active growth of our Consulting practice by contributing to multiple client engagement teams, working with a wide variety of FS clients to deliver professional services on regulatory, governance and risk management issues, and lead business development activities on key accounts.
As a Senior Consultant, you will be required to:
- Work as part of small and large-sized multidisciplinary engagement teams delivering predominantly banking projects, as well as insurance and asset management
- Assist the engagement manager to manage project execution and delivery of client engagements, making sure the project is delivered within the agreed timeline and budget
- Advise and assist clients in implementing systems and processes to improve their efficiency / comply with regulation.
- Assist firms in understanding the impact of regulatory developments and provide guidance on the application of regulatory requirements
- Identify likely issues that could impact delivery and leverage Mazars network support as required
- Work with FS manager / director and the partner team to developing our product offerings, and marketing to external and internal clients. Work with manager to prepare client proposals in order to contribute to meeting the Consulting team’s sales budget.
- Assist in the development of training, engagement procedures and methodologies
- Mentor, coach and develop more junior staff
Who we are looking for
- Holds a Degree qualification or equivalent in Finance / Economics / Engineering / Risk Management or related fields is preferred.
- 3 – 4 years of experience of relevant experience with an international accounting/consulting firm or multi-national financial services organisation with main focus on regulatory or risk management, internal control and regulatory related projects
- Professional qualification(s) such as CPA or equivalent are preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of businesses, structures, governance frameworks and process & control infrastructures of firms in the Financial Services sector
- Experience / knowledge of HK regulatory framework
- IFRS/HKFRS knowledge/experience
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Able to manage projects independently
- A good team player as well as good role model
- Promotes the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
- Full working proficiency in English. Mandarin and/or Cantonese highly desirable.
What we offer
Choosing the right start is the first step to a promising career path. We recognise that rewards are important to you. On top of the base salary you will be receiving, we offer a range of staff caring benefits and policies including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, a 5-day working week, discretionary performance bonus, birthday leave and marriage leave. Please apply with detailed resume, contact numbers, current salary and expected salary in strict confidence.
All applications received will be used strictly for selection purpose only.