Sr Accountant -SEC Reporting
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Reporting senior accountant is an individual contributor responsible for preparing financial disclosures for the Northern Trust Corporation. The role requires compliance with rigorous standards as required by the corporation and other external bodies. The role also requires the ability to research, resolve and communicate complex reporting issues as they arise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation, completion, and documentation of disclosures for the SEC filings, including the quarterly earnings release and Forms 10-Q and 10-K, and assist with any Form 8-K filings
- Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation and satisfy requests for internal control team and external auditors
- Prepare quarterly audit committee presentations
- Communicate succinctly and interpret financial results in non-technical accounting terms
- Recommend and implement process improvements
- Research and resolve complex reporting issues, while interpreting policies, guidelines and/or processes
- Work with various internal and external partners on cross-functional processes and projects
- Develop in-depth knowledge of financial reporting system(s)
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting required. An MBA or other advanced degree, preferred
- 4-6 years of accounting/finance experience with a financial institution
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Prior SEC reporting experience is preferred
- Experience in financial reporting with a large organization
- Ability to meet strict deadlines by multi-tasking and prioritizing various assigned deliverables
- Ability to plan, execute, and track performance against a project timeline/plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and solid documentation techniques
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, staff and internal/external auditors
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems and applications (Oracle, Hyperion, etc.), and other business-related software (i.e. Workiva)
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.