Head of Accounting Policy
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
The Group Accounting Policy team sits within Financial Reporting and Analysis within Group Finance. This role will assist in the establishment of processes that lead to a best practice accounting policy function. This includes building pro-active relationships internally with Group and Business Unit finance and risk teams as well as externally.
Do work that matters
Due to the profile of the deliverables within the team the role provides exposure to the EGM Group Finance, Business Unit CFO’s and requires liaison with a number of finance and risk teams.
- Accounting policy advice on complex or judgemental accounting matters, significant transactions (including acquisitions, disposals) and general issues
- Assessing the impact of new accounting standards and assisting in their implementation for the Group
- Updating Group accounting policies
- Working directly with senior management to resolve accounting and regulatory issues within the Group and communicate the outcomes to GM and EGM levels
- Assisting in the completion of comment letters to standard setters and liaison with PwC, Regulators and Peer Banks to clarify policy positions
- Delivery of Group Finance board papers
- The production of the Group’s Basel III Pillar 3 document
- Ensuring compliant disclosures for ASX deliverables
- Quality reviews of external documents, including Pillar 3, Annual Report and Profit Announcement
- The implementation of continuous improvement initiatives that increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting policy or Pillar 3 reporting process
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA/CPA Qualification
- Strong accounting policy experience and some regulatory capital experience (Pillar 3 reporting).
- Experienced people leader with ability to develop and motivate a high performing team
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 12/02/2021For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.