Senior Manager - Financial Reporting Group - Financial Services Assurance
The Financial Reporting Group operates within our Assurance Service Line. Its key role is to provide our audit engagement teams with support and advice on technical accounting and other financial reporting requirements. Enabling them to deliver high quality services to their clients and to manage the risks involved in providing those services. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial services and products, coupled with the pace of change in financial reporting requirements, the Financial Services FRG team are at the leading edge of helping our clients and teams manage these changes. You will address complex and demanding challenges and provide seamless service on a global basis.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist FS FRG team. The role includes leadership of the provision of technical accounting support to the Wealth and Asset Management sector, including delivery of meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters relevant to that sector. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their technical accounting skills and knowledge, working within a collaborative team of fellow technical accounting professionals.
You’ll be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities:
Applying deep technical accounting and disclosure experience, plus sector knowledge you will perform pre-issuance reviews of the financial statements of our listed and public interest audit clients, which include some of the largest companies in the sector. The objective being to ensure any significant and unusual accounting or financial reporting matters have been accounted for and disclosed appropriately in the financial statements.
You will be the key contact for the provision of advice and support on accounting technical matters under IFRS & UK GAAP to teams within the Wealth and Asset Management sector, supported by a number of more junior staff.
You will be involved in the development of thought leadership, such as our International GAAP publication. You will also participate in the firm’s EMEIA and Global technical accounting subject matter groups.
You will develop and deliver high quality technical training for our people in Wealth and Asset Management audit practice, as well as coaching and developing teams in technical accounting matters on a day to day basis.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Expertise in UK GAAP or IFRS
- Execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service providing support to the assurance process with appropriate consideration of risk
- Ability to identity the key areas of financial reporting risk within a clients' business and apply focus to appropriate areas.
- Utilise existing knowledge and experience, but continuously striving to widen expertise in financial reporting and related matters.
- Confidence to challenge audit team or client conclusions where appropriate, and ability to assist in bringing resolution to areas of disagreement.
- Be recognised as a respected advisor to audit partners (and teams), with your views actively sort out on a variety of matters.
- Be pro-active in identifying and driving forward initiatives which make a difference either internally and/or to our clients
- Adhere to and enforce the firm's risk management policies and quality agenda
- Be recognised as a respected and supportive mentor, coach and counsellor
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, UK regulations and UK company law gained within the Financial Services sector
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, ICAI or equivalent international qualification)
- Experience in advising on accounting for complex transactions applying proven industry knowledge
- Ability to articulate a technical argument, involving good judgement when identifying the key drivers
- Able to network effectively and build relationships with individuals and clients
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- External audit, financial reporting or accounting policy experience, preferably within the Wealth and Asset Management sector
- Project management skills, to ensure different workflows are completed on a timely basis
- Honours degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with the reporting requirements for quoted, AIM and other UK securities markets
- Team and peer leadership skills
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are excited about technical accounting within the financial services sector. You must be an articulate self starter, who thrives on the analysis of complex transactions or scenarios. The ability to demonstrate good judgement and demystify complicated guidance is essential. The successful candidate will also be a team player, with a willingness to support their colleagues and provide input when requests for wider consultation arise.
What we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.