Alpha Portfolio Services, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Portfolio Support Team in Berwyn, PA provides supports to both the Client Account Manager and Investment Operations Teams in terms of ensuring our clients’ start of day cash and positions are timely and accurate. Operating CRD (Charles River Development) and implementing a new service capability tied to the software present an exciting opportunity to join our Alpha Front to Back (F2B) initiative. The role falls under State Street’s Front To Back Alpha Services- Global Delivery.
For State Street Alpha roles – F2B Alpha Services- Global Delivery
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of ‘alpha’ to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
Perform Key Daily Recordkeeping Functions:
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the Alpha F2B in scope clients across 2 key systems. Investigate discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries.
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Assist in the handling, escalating and resolving of all issues involving the following teams: Client Service Relationship Management, Middle & Back Office Operations (e.g. Asset Servicing, Trade Operations, & Client Reporting) and various IT Areas.
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution.
- Provide support in an around the sun coverage model and act as to multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries.
- Conduct special/ad-hoc reports as required.
- Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements.
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the AVP Manager.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with corporate standards.
- Maintain clear and effective communications with immediate Colleagues and Management.
- Create and Adhere to internal procedures and best practices at all times.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Asset management experience including investment operations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good team working skills.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated & adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances under pressure and have great time management with regards to deadlines.
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Experience with large data sets and data analysis
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels of career & management.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Mgmt.
- 2-4 years of Front or Middle Office Experience. Ideally focusing in trading/operations/accounting.
- Previous Charles River experience a plus.
- Flexible working hours may be required. This position may require off-hour support.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.