Analyst - Trading Settlements
The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the daily operations as well as Trading Settlements team members. An Analyst is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high quality control framework, identifying and improving shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures
We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and have respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through Team Work.
Translated Company Description
- To ensure daily settlements are processed as per service standards.
- To ensure settlements are made on-time in line with the agreed metrics, KPIs and service standards.
- To participate in period end activities and ensure they are carried out accurately and completed.
- To handle the account reconciliation process
- To ensure the receivables are followed up proactively and cash realized on or before the contractual due date.
- To follow documented Work Instructions and agreed Ways of Working / Control Framework with no deviations with regular guidance from senior colleagues or line manager
- To handle Audit requirements
- To gather data and reports findings, and to conduct further analysis.
- To ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained properly as per requirements (Timeliness & Accuracy).
- To identify shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures, and to make suggestions /or to give input as well as drive improvements of existing methods, systems and procedures.
- To contribute to process understanding and change pushing the team to look for improvement opportunities, whilst ensuring robust controls.
- To follow the escalation matrix defined for the process. To resolve process issues both within and outside Finance.
- To ensure customer disputes are resolved within in a short turnaround time by proper prioritization. And ensure best practice sharing
- To demonstrate courtesy, tact and effectiveness in resolving disputes within assigned sub-processes and act as an SME and first escalation level for less experienced colleagues.
- To demonstrate the ownership and accountability for the end to end process. To gather business knowledge proactively, to demostrate e2e process overview and system proficiency.
- To identify gaps in procedures, make suggestions and/or give input to improve existing process documentation.
- To act as a process-skilled individual and support less experienced colleagues with their process-related issues.
- To demonstrate ability to identify problem statements and process gaps effectively to resolve them whilst remaining customer focused.
- To present good social and interpersonal skills to communicate effectivelyand with respct across all cultures both within the organization and with external counterparties.
- To work in a global environment across many different time zones and cultures and to respect Diversity and Inclusion values.
- To support stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes, guide based on basic data analysis. Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner in order to obtain and understand the background of information.
- To present ability to work effectively and efficiently with a short turnaround time involving complexities and competing priorities.
- To demonstrate excellent team player behavior supporting the organization as a whole.
- To demonstrate ability to work proactively and with minimum supervision.
- To show flexibility and to adapt easily to new challenges and/or changes.
- To show accuracy and attention to details being key in this role.
- To present resilience and to be adaptable to growing business challenges.
- To have strong accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To present good working knowledge of Excel and MS Outlook.
- To have Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or other equivalent related business degree.
- To demonstrate fluency in English on B2/C1 level.
- To contribute effectively to the wider initiatives of the Hydrocarbon leadership team.
- To contribute to wider Centre level initiatives.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.