Corporate Taxation Senior Director
Who we are looking for
The Corporate Taxation Senior Director is a key role within the State Street Canada Corporate team, serving as the liaison to the business units to provide subject matter expertise, guidance, oversight and support relative to taxation issues. Main duties include oversight for all tax reporting and managing all tax audits from the various tax authorities in Canada, and providing support for regulatory reporting and transfer pricing.
This role requires working knowledge of Canadian Corporate Taxation, Indirect Taxation (including Selected Listed Financial Institution (SLFI) rules), Tax Accounting and Transfer Pricing. A significant portion of activity involves managing tax audits with Canadian tax authorities.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As the Corporate Taxation Senior Director, you will:
- Prepare working papers and all Annual Corporate and Indirect Tax and Information Returns
- Manage tax audits for all Canadian entities (including Corporate and Indirect Taxes), playing a role in managing other audit activity (for example, payroll)
- Review and calculate deferred taxes for tax reporting and contribute commentary for financial statement reporting. Prepare supporting documentation and financial statement disclosure for Audited Financial Statements. Work directly with external auditors to manage audit of all direct and indirect taxes reported
- Manage Canadian reporting of taxes to Corporate Taxation (State Street US)
- Actively review business operations to identify potential cost saving activities (e.g. Identifying and documenting Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) tax credits); re-evaluating other current tax positions; work with Corporate Taxation on Canadian portion of tax planning initiatives. Work with external advisors for all of the above
- Support other Finance group members with other initiatives including regulatory reporting and analysis of financial information.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- The ability to evaluate business operations to identify and optimize tax minimization strategies
- Critical thinking, and creativity in challenging the status quo with respect to previous tax decisions
- The ability to develop/enhance sophisticated modelling is a strong asset for this position
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 10 years+ of professional experience in Finance or related field at a large financial institution or Big 4 Public Accounting Firm
- Expert knowledge of Canadian Corporate Taxation rules
- Expert knowledge of Canadian Indirect Taxation rules (including SLFI rules for Financial Institutions)
- Advanced accounting and finance terminology
- Experience with regulatory and tax reporting requirements
- An understanding of financial systems and skills contributing to the efficient processing and analysis of detailed financial data is preferred.
- Project Management skills are an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Excel, Access and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Economics or related field, with a CPA or CFA preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.