Financial Specialist with German
The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the process related activities and acting as a first point of contact for the Trading Settlements team members and external Stakeholder for any operational (process) matters. A Specialists acts as a role model presenting One Finance behaviors.
A Specialist is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high quality control framework, identifying the areas for improvement and automation, but also presenting the ideas to solve a problem and document it as per internal requirements.
We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and have respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through Team Work.
Translated Company Description
- To contribute to daily settlements processes
- To ensure settlements are made on-time in line with the agreed metrics, KPIs and service standards.
- To be responsible for period end close (on monthly, quarterly and yearly basis) activities were required.
- To handle the account reconciliation process (both analyse & review/approve) according to BlackLine guidance
- To contribute to debt chasing process.
- To maintain systems and procedures effectively and properly, in line with Control Framework to operate, review and sign off controls within team's scope.
- To be responsible for completion of Audit requirements
- To lead from the front in reviewing and reporting right numbers to internal and external stakeholders through monthly metrics, KPIs and outstanding payables/receivables reporting activity.
- To ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained properly as per requirements (Timeliness & Accuracy).
- To improve of current processes, systems and procedures to meet Business and Trading Settlements requirements, to contribute to related efforts to achieve and maintain top quartile performance and deliver related benefits.
- To undertake ad-hoc activities as and when presented by business/operations requirements/exigencies.
- To follow the escalation matrix defined for the process. To resolve process/IT issues both within and outside Finance as well as with support from Process Owner Organisation / CI Organisation.
- To identify shortcomings in current processes, systems and procedures within the assigned unit and to suggest improvements. To analyse, propose and implement & document resolution. To support less experienced colleagues in improvement journey.
- To demonstrate courtesy, tact and effectiveness when cooperating closely with wider range of stakeholders (e.g. OMs, TMs, CI, Change Managers, L&D, Business, Receivables Risk Manager, Compliance, Process Excellence)
- To support stakeholders in understanding analysis conducted, to use the outcomes topic related to own areas of expertise. To cooperate and interact with others by using influencing and persuasion skills, but in a tactful and respectful manner. To demonstrate Collaboration and Trust values when explaining and giving advise on analysis performed.
- To demonstrate the ownership and accountability for the end to end process. To ensure business requirements are appropriately assimilated into functional process operations.
- To support periodic review and update of process documentation to ensure all the process exceptions and changes are captured and documented properly.
- To develop inter-center network with Trading Settlements specialists and super users, including cross-centers projects implementation. To act as first escalation level for less experienced colleagues.
- To identify process gaps and to point process improvement areas concerning control incidents, stakeholder issues and SME proposition, to provide strong and continuous interface support to Trading business.
- To demonstrate ability to handle system/process complexity along with system transitions and work in cooperation with IT design and support Team.
- To demonstrate strong communication, both written and verbal, skills required to articulate challenges and proposed solutions in day to day operations, and to manage business stakeholders’ requirements through virtual connects.
- To work in a global environment across many different time zones and cultures and to respect Diversity and Inclusion values.
- to support stakeholders in understanding analyses / outcomes and using them on topic related to own areas of expertise. Interaction with others demands influencing and persuasion in a tactful manner in order to explain and advise on performed analyses of information.
- To demonstrate ability to work effectively and efficiently while under pressure of time and with competing priorities.
- To act as a role model in accordance with One Finance behavior standards.
- To support less experienced colleagues, to coach or mentor them when indicated by line manager.
- To present ability to work proactively and independently with minimum supervision.
- To show flexibility and to adapt easily to new challenges and/or changes.
- To show accuracy and attention to details being key in this role.
- To present resilience and to be adaptable to growing business challenges.
- To have excellent accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To demonstrate excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
- To have Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, or other equivalent related business degree.
- To demonstrate fluency in English on B2/C1 level.
- To demonstrate Continuous Improvement mindset and to have proven experience in that area.
- To contribute effectively to the both Centre and wider initiatives of the Hydrocarbon leadership team.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.