Corporate Tax Manager
Joining as a Corporate Tax Manager whilst becoming an integral and crucial member of a growing Tax team. Fantastic progression opportunities and very competitive salary are on offer in this technical tax role.
This very successful business and professional services firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of clients. Whilst a quality compliance service is a key offering in any tax team, the firm has a focus on delivering wider advisory, tax planning and business advice to their clients.
The key responsibilities for this Corporate Tax Manager position at a leading accountancy firm based in Newport are:
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients;
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts;
- Leading work on tax advisory projects such as IHT planning, capital gains tax planning and exit planning to clients of the firm, whilst reporting to tax partners and directors;
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including corporate taxes, VAT, personal taxes, employment taxes and corporate finance support;
- Acting at all times with the Firm's best interests in mind and with integrity - upholding the Firm's reputation by providing a breadth of technicalt tax knoweldge;
- Showing a sense of urgency and understanding of how the delivery of work (including speed, attention to detail, and quality) impacts the Firm's ability to serve clients;
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes and possible recommendations for the client;
- To work closely with key colleagues and leaders across the business, and to provide a competitive and ambitious entrepreneurial approach to your work; and
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Corporate Tax Manager role at a leading accountancy firm in Newport, you must be:
- At least 3 years of practice experience;
- CTA Qualified or mor than 5 years of Corporate Tax expereince;
- Considerable and demonstrable experience of working within the partnership tax and/or private client tax field;
- Demonstrable experience of building and growing tax a advisory function with profitable returns;
- Highly tax technical, with the ability to research answers to tax technical questions and able to analyse and interpret tax legislation;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to easily present and convey complex issues to wide audiences;
- Ambitious and with an entrepreneurial spirit which will capitalise on the firms open style to new work streams and methods;
- Tax compliance - ideally personal, partnership, trust and corporate but at least personal and partnership is essential;
- Trust tax including trust tax returns, IHT estate calculations, IHT lifetime tax, IHT planning and succession planning;
- Capital gains tax including knowledge of all capital gains tax reliefs such as Entrepreneurs relief, roll over relief and gift relief; and
- A working knowledge of tax residency rules (but not the taxation of 'non-dom's') - A working knowledge of the more typical VAT issues.
Fantastic office location;
Well established, supportive team; and
Growth, autonomy, and a genuine opportunity to further your career.