Statutory Reporting Assistant Manager
The Statutory Reporting Assistant Manager supervises a team of professionals to ensure timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of statutory accounts and tax packs for a number of entities full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate tax reporting, and reports and controls activities while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
Education and Experience
- Manages a team which supports significantly larger and/or more complex entities that require a solid understanding of the nature of the legal entities' set-up and business activities, relevant statutory reporting and audit requirements, and applicable direct tax principles, in order to execute activities effectively.
- Ensure the team's accurate and timely delivery of statutory reporting and direct tax services (e.g. preparation of statutory reports, tax packs, etc.) in accordance with SLAs.
- Coordinate, facilitate and review draft statutory accounts, directors' briefs, audit files, tax packs and quality control check lists with support from team members.
- Proactively identify, propose and implement process improvement, standardisation and simplification activity within the team
- Manage relationships in matters of Statutory Reporting as appropriate with Group Accounts; BP Finance, Group Tax and external auditors.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders internally and externally as and when necessary
- Manage and supervise team members to ensure tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding audit and tax issues that have been escalated, or further escalate to the necessary parties.
- Develop the annual plans and budget for own team in support of the overall planning and budgeting for TCC.
- Plan, assign and direct work for team members.
- Set goals and clarify expectations, provide regular feedback and conduct appraisals.
- Coach team members to address process gaps, identify inefficiencies and help to embed a continuous improvement culture in the organisation.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and feedback to team members to support long term career development and retention of key talent.
- Identify and provide opportunities for learning and self-development to build capability of the team and ensure competency in performing activities. Secure resources to support development efforts.
- Assign work to team members and manage resource allocation for the team and people in support of GBS service, control and cost requirements. Ensure resource allocation strategy is flexible enough to respond to demand variations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) (if managing Malaysian entities).
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of experience in direct tax or tax accounting and/or legal entity Statutory Reporting with strong knowledge of external financial reporting regulation, Group Reporting Manual and Group Account Policies.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years' experience in leading, developing and coaching teams.
- Experience of reporting processes and systems within bp.
- Shared service centre experience.
- External audit experience