Finance Senior Executive
The Finance Executive supports the delivery of monthly, quarterly and yearly Management Information (MI) reporting for small/medium business units. This role is expected to resolve basic operational issues as and when necessary, while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
- Execute timely monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, and accurate reporting in accordance with finance standards and practices.
- Support the monthly, quarterly and yearly MI reporting process.
- Gather, collate, analyse and validate data as necessary in order to prepare and maintain various reports.
- Manage the accruals, reallocations and recoveries process on behalf of the Shipping business.
- Support the Balance Sheet validation process, reviewed quarterly to clear any outstanding items, inform and follow-up on any discrepancies.
- Support the internal and external audit exercises as and when necessary.
- Support the Marine & Technical and Vetting & Clearance team cost recovery process including UFA creation.
- Responsible for verifying and providing coding for 3rd party inspector invoices. Maintain the profitability report for Assessment & Inspection team which contains inspection costs attributable to inspection revenue. Ensure invoice is raised to operator who requested the inspection.
- Support continuous improvement activities, businesses and functions initiatives with the objective to improve work efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Diploma holder who is currently pursuing professional qualifications (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of experience in general and/or financial accounting.
- Shared service centre experience.
- Experience of reporting processes and systems within BP, ideally supporting business or function activities.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Candidate must work on shifts for 2-6 days in a quarter / as & when needed