EMEA Sales Strat - Executive Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Fixed Income Strategists team is searching for an ED-level project manager who can also be hands on coding in Python and q/KDB to help coordinate various sales technology initiatives. This individual will be responsible for executing a portfolio of projects that are both strategic and tactical, aiming to increase efficiency and effectiveness of sales teams and their related support functions.
Project areas include (but not limited to):
- Voice Trading – Analyze and identify opportunities to improve voice trading workflows across all product areas, from pricing, execution, trade booking, axe recycling and post execution processes. Tailor solutions to specific teams/product areas when necessary, while ensuring overall cohesiveness and consistency across all regions
- Client Intelligence – Understand how we can improve quality of interaction sales people can have with their clients by providing more value added information to differentiate us from other banks. Thus we design/implement solutions that can help facilitate and improve effectiveness of their client engagements e.g. more efficient communication tools, automated client activity tracking and opportunity alerts, a centralized dashboard showing what clients are doing
- Data Quality – Ensure integrity of key business information for sales e.g. revenue, interactions, profitability, execution efficiency, market share, etc. Help design tools that allow efficient data entry and enrichment, coupled with appropriate controls and processes that can certify their accuracy
Qualifications:The ideal candidate must be able to develop and govern the central book of work for global sales technology that includes detailed business analysis, requirements/specifications, and delivery plan, which must be updated regularly with stakeholders across various sales teams and trading desks. Establish effective relationships with Technology partners, Strats and Ops/support functions to facilitate prioritization and implementation of deliverables. Identify and measure their success criteria via quantifiable metrics such as cost, benefit/opportunity, time-to-market and usage. In addition to these, the candidate must be able to code in Python and q/KDB to facilitate client intelligence initiative more effectively e.g. building necessary data series for the analysis, conducting research and development to build POC or hands on help for add-hock requests by desk
- Bachelors or higher university degree, preferably in economics, finance, or related discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience running a large scale project as well as coordinating multiple smaller projects simultaneously
- Working understanding of fixed income products (rates, credit and foreign exchange)
- Deep understanding on Interest Rates products and business a plus
- Thorough understanding of front to back business workflow
- Experience in data science projects a plus
- Experience in Technology (Python, q/KDB, Angular JS) a plus
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.