Senior General Ledger Accountant
As a Senior General Ledger Accountant you will work in Alternatives Investment Funds Team being responsible for the day to day full accounting of companies - booking of daily cash movements, invoices, intercompany transactions, calculating and booking accruals for interest, fees, taxes and respective reconciliation of the data. Additionally, you will need to adhere to monthly, quarterly, annual reporting requirements to either internal parties (BBH) or external Clients.
As part of your responsibilities you will maintain a good contact with clients, acting as main client contact for day-to-day accounting tasks and ad-hoc requests. In the future you will be also responsible for a review of accounting performed by junior accountants, together with providing them with appropriate coaching.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Full general ledger accounting of companies (stand-alone) under group GAAP (mainly IFRS) and Lux GAAP
- Preparing monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting to internal parties (BBH) and external clients
- Preparing annual statutory financial statements according to IFRS or Lux GAAP
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations governing financial statements and disclosures, including IFRS and Lux GAAP
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries
- Review of accounting performed by junior accountants and providing them with appropriate feedback
- University degree in Accounting / Finance or at least 2 years of relevant experience (this position is particularly appropriate for a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with audit experience)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in client-driven environment
- Solid oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to support and review work of junior team members
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Fluent English communication skills
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.