ACCA Trainee/PQ Pensions Audit - Reading
ACCA Trainee - Pensions Audit - Reading
Our specialist Pensions department in Reading works with all sizes of pension schemes. We help clients understand and manage key business risks, improve business processes and operating efficiency and assure the validity of vital business information. The role is primarily pension’s audit, but may include some corporate audits as well as additional assurance projects such as analytics, risk reviews and systems reviews.
We help clients understand and manage key business risks, improve business processes and operating efficiency and assure the validity of vital business information.
As an Associate within our Audit Group in Reading, you will be a fundamental part of a multi-disciplinary team, working closely with our clients delivering efficient and effective assurance services. What's more you won't always find yourself in a purely office based role, as we encourage you to work with clients on their own sites when this is practical and efficient. If you are a confident team player, have excellent communications skills, and have a genuine interest in studying towards an accountancy qualification, consider EY.
Your client commitments
- Preparing accurate assurance documentation for review
- Take ownership for nominated audit area(s) and/or delivery and completion of smaller clients
- Gaining an in depth knowledge of the audit process to develop knowledge
- Complete work allocated by direct supervisor within budget and deadlines
- Study for ACCA and demonstrate technical/financial knowledge and skills gained
- Gain knowledge on engagements of client/business issues, e.g. by using the firm's knowledge resources
- Gather and analyse data, and perform detailed audit testing
Your people role
- Develop an effective working relationship with client staff
- Seek opportunities to expand and share knowledge
- Keep direct supervisor up to date with progress/issues
- Be driven around learning and development
- Seek feedback on personal performance and areas for improvement
Qualifications & Experience
- An understanding of what an audit is and some previous audit experience OR an accountancy background preferred
- Strong motivation to study towards the ACCA qualification
- Task management skills
- Questioning and listening skills
- Good writing skills
- IT skills
- Stroagreng communicating skills
- Team working skill
- GCSE/Standard Grade or equivalent: including English & Maths
- A levels/Highers or equivalent
- Degree, or suitable previous work experience in a professional role
- Desire to lead teams
- Please include a cover letter with your application fully describing why you are interested in this role.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.