Manager / Senior Manager, Business Tax
Our tax practice revolves around helping our clients effectively manage their tax obligations proactively and responsibly. As part of a global team of 35,000 tax professionals in 150 countries, you will advise clients on planning, compliance and reporting wherever the client has needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality service and our technical networks enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and improve opportunities within their tax functions. Groups (or, as we call them – sub-service lines) within Tax include Business Tax Services, Global Compliance and Reporting (GCR), People Advisory Services, Indirect Tax Services, as well as International and Transaction Tax Services.
Our business tax services help clients succeed by assisting them with the strategic and operational challenges facing their tax functions, analyzing tax opportunities and benefits, and providing tax-related domestic and cross-border planning as well as compliance services for corporations Be part of the team that works closely with clients to build sustainable tax strategies; improve processes, controls and risk management; and supports clients in managing effective relationships with tax authorities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Business Tax Services Manager / Senior Manager, your main objective is to achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, informing them of our scope of services and communicating how these services benefit their organizations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage and coordinate business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct / monitor engagements
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service
- Team with tax professionals in other sub-service lines to provide comprehensive tax services
- Oversee the compliance management process and adapt to challenges in the process
- Participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving related issues
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture
To qualify for the role you must have
- University degree with a minimum of 5 years (for Manager) / 8 years (for Senior Manager) of relevant business tax experience
- A CPA / CA or other certification relevant to an area of specialization
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, organizational, and leadership ability
- Proven ability of managing complex and sizable assignments
- A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Mandarin is an advantage
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in public accounting firms and accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transactions, and consulting services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.