Strategy and Transactions-Transactions and Corporate Finance-Valuation Modeling & Economics – Senior
EY is one of the leading global professional services organizations with 231,000 professionals around the world. We are proud of our people culture which we believe sets us apart in the profession. EY helps you achieve your best by providing great learning and career growth opportunities, by offering ways to help you achieve satisfaction in work and life, and by looking at each decision with a keen eye toward how it will affect you.
The Strategy and Transactions (SaT) teams in Asia Pacific has been providing market leading services to clients across Greater China, ASEAN and Oceania for over 20 years. We support EY clients in the region and globally throughout the transaction lifecycle and have helped EY clients create deal value and manage transaction risks. Transactions and Corporate Finance (TCF) covers 3 sectors including Transaction Diligence (TD), Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME) and Lead Advisory.
Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME) practices are the means by which we continue to bring deep financial, economics and analytics skills to bear in order to support EY clients with better decision-making involving transactions, funding capital expansion and improving capital efficiency (such as capital allocation to help adjust risk, cash release opportunity, capital budgeting with skill sets on measuring and valuating not just assets but also litigation or life).
Our VME professionals balance strong technical expertise with extensive sector and account focus to deliver integrated, multi-skill solutions and advanced decision support to our clients.
We are committed to provide independent and objective business valuation service to a range of private and public companies in various industries in Hong Kong, Mainland China and throughout Asia. By identifying critical value and risk drivers, and determining the linkages that affect performance, we help our clients improve alignment between management decision-making, resource allocation, executive compensation and enterprise performance.
Your key responsibilities:
- Handle valuation and/or business modeling engagements
- Lead team members to conduct equity research, industry research, management interviews and site visits; analyze information obtained from various channels and prepare valuation reports.
- Prepare proposals and present valuation reports to clients.
- Review and analyze valuation reports issued by other firms in order to assist audit teams on projects associated with fair value measurements.
- Develop and analyze complex financial models and perform financial analyses (historical performance review, financial forecast and free cash flow analysis).
- Appraise organization or asset values using the income approach, market approach or asset-based approach for transaction, financial reporting or tax purposes.
- Work closely with clients, targets and other professionals in the financial due diligence, legal, tax and valuation fields.
- Provide valuation advisory support to clients during discussions on transactions.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- University graduates with a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience in the valuation industry.
- Strong Excel knowledge and good report-writing skills.
- Research skills and ability to analyze financial statements and forecasts.
- Ability in preparing proposals and other business development efforts.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
What working at EY offers
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.