Senior Audit Manager m/f/d, Vice President
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for an experienced Senior Audit Manager to support our Corporate Audit team in Frankfurt or Munich. The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for developing and overseeing audit engagements that focus on coverage of audits pertaining to State Street Bank International GmbH’s activities across EMEA and to provide input and oversight over activities impacting EMEA but that are conducted at a Corporate level. The focus of the role will include audits of State Street’s Global Market, Global Credit Finance and Global Treasury Business Units as well as Enterprise Risk Management.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Audit Manager you will be
- maintaining subject matter knowledge related to regulatory ECB and BaFIN requirements (for example the Minimum Requirements for Risk Management)
- developing and executing against an audit plan covering assigned areas in conjunction with regional and functional leads
- recommending adjustments to the overall audit plan based on continuous monitoring activities, audit plan progress and changes in business area risk profiles
- scheduling, overseeing and delivering audit assurance and advisory services, including resource management, planning assignments,and providing overall direction to the audit team
- drafting, reviewing, finalizing, and communicating audit deliverables, including discussion item matrices, memos and audit reports to senior and executive management
- developing and managing influential relationships with senior and executive management through continuous monitoring activities, regular client relationship meetings, participation in working groups and committees of significant business and technology initiatives, and ad-hoc controls advisory activities
- managing, coaching and developing staff, including participating in the talent management, staff evaluation, and new hire processes; helping drive maturity of application testing skillset across the division
- leading internal investigations and due diligence assessments, following up on regulatory findings and other divisional activities as needed
- strengthening internal control disciplines within the corporation by influencing relevant policies, promoting education/understanding of control concepts
- continually challenging the department's organization, processes and services to ensure that they remain at or above peer/industry standards
- supporting Corporate Audit change initiatives and department strategy
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven record of leadership experience, including building strong working relationships with key partners, peers, staff, and executives at all levels
- Ability to multi-task critical responsibilities and deadlines
- Self-starter, intellectually curious with proven ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to establish an environment conducive to continuous innovation
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Completed Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management Information Systems or Computer Science
- CISA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Around 10 years of audit experience including many years of experience managing complex audit operations or related projects in public accounting and/or financial services audits
- Experience in financial services industry, including an understanding of the regulatory environment, in particular deep knowledge of EMEA regulations covering financial risks, specifically BaFIN requirements such as MaRisk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German
- Willingness to travel up to 20% annually mostly to major cities within Europe
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Depending on the role work from home days might be possible
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing and health programs
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Free German and English language classes
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web based training catalogue
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs incl. volunteer work
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.