Cash Applications Accountant
Weekly Hours: 39
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big!
Apple has been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5000 employees, serving our customers through a wide range of critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success.
Collaboration is important at Apple, and every day you will connect with and be supported by your peers and colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world! As an individual, you will have responsibility for working to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you perfect your existing skills - and acquire new ones.
The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including Sales Fulfillment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as part of the Global Finance Shared Service (GFSS) function.
This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements. This role will join our O2C Cash Applications team. The person will be responsible for ensuring all business customer payments are applied, customer accounts cleared, bank reconciliations complete and queries resolved in a timely manner. The successful candidate will become a member of the wider Finance team with regional interactions. This is a key role in a dynamic environment with the potential for the role to develop further with additional responsibilities in line with business requirements.
Key QualificationsMINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and administration skills, with ability to anticipate business needs quickly
- Be a self-starter who is motivated, innovative and ambitious
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment and adapt to last minute changes with ease.
- Part-Qualified Accountant
- Cash Applications experience
- Experience of working in a busy accounting environment with tight deadlines
- Sap experience an advantage
- Application of payments through electronic bank statements for EMEIA business customers ensuring timely and accurate allocation.
- Ensuring all customer account clearances are completed in a timely manner.
- Investigation of unidentified receipts ensuring resolution as per Quarterly SLA.
- Perform and report on previous day reconciliations for EMEIA bank accounts.
- Manage the month-end reconciliation activities for EMEIA bank and cash general ledger accounts.
- Manage the direct debit payment run process, including approval of direct debit mandates and customer setup.
- Manage loan payment allocation, timely fallout resolution and complex account reconciliation along with monthly analysis and reporting to Senior Management.
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers:
- Payment related query resolution
- Provide support to the Credit and Collections teams
- Work with various Apple business team and Apple Retail stores
- Pro-active in identifying and implementation of process improvements.
- Participate in adhoc projects.
- Ensure business procedures and internal controls comply with requirements of Sarbanes Oxley legislation
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.