Risk Program Analyst
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
REM (Reengineering & Expense Management) works in close partnership with the businesses and support functions to identify and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic sourcing, demand management, process reengineering and procurement management. REM leverages the Source-to-Pay process to create expense data transparency and ensure vendor contract compliance. REM also manages our supplier relationships and our outsourcing risk.
This is a risk analysis role within REM. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and reporting on potential policy adherence breaks across REM. The candidate should have strong analytical skills, the ability to analyze data within Excel and create meaningful reports in Excel and PowerPoint, and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This position will require a strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, and an understanding of policies, procedures, analysis, reporting, procurement and sourcing end to end processes. Familiarity with audit or compliance work will be very useful but not essential.
The REM Risk Analyst is expected to complete a wide variety of analyses to review REM adherence to specified policies and procedures. The candidate will need to engage with policy and process owners to understand the business requirements, as well as with personnel throughout REM globally to discuss potential policy/procedure breaks and identify causes and a path to resolution. The candidate will also be required to produce weekly/monthly/quarterly reports highlighting the results of their reviews, as well as KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics. The candidate will work closely with the Firmwide Sourcing, Market Data Sourcing and Contingent Labor Operations teams in REM to understand the business requirements, review the findings of their analysis and identify possible resolutions. Experience working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment is important.
- Extensive and detailed review of multiple different datasets relating to specified REM processes in order to identify potential policy and procedure breaks using process description documents, checklists, playbooks and other reference points.
- Review and analyze data in various tools including Ariba, SPAR, SharePoint and similar sources to compare against other data reports
- E-mail and telephone communications with all parties involved in the potential breaks to confirm whether or not policy requirements were met and investigate the facts surrounding the potential break.
- Follow up on potential breaks until resolution, escalating as necessary
- Create reporting in Excel and/or PowerPoint on specific timeframes (weekly/monthly/quarterly) to report results to management.
- Identify opportunities for automation or process efficiencies to facilitate policy and procedure compliance
- Assist with other elements of the REM risk agenda as needed.
- Minimum 3 years? experience in a professional setting with a focus on data analytics, process review and reporting.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor?s Degree in a relevant field (Finance, Business preferred).
- Experience in, or a willingness and interest to learn, audit/compliance/governance work
- Excellent attention to detail, so that the candidate can identify specific policy and process breaks within large volumes of data.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills: PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and prepare presentations and documents for senior audiences.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks relating to the risk agenda in REM.
- A willingness to understand underlying data, sources, data elements and end to end process flows in order to provide clarity to stakeholders.
- Client management and teamwork skills: The candidate must have demonstrated ability in being flexible and working with stakeholders and colleagues at all experience levels and in different geographies, as well as external counterparts.
- Prior experience in an audit or governance role
- Experience with Ariba On Demand
- Experience with Accounts Payable and expense management data
- Experience working with remote teams