The SARM Accountant is responsible for the Selling, Administration, R&D and Management (SARM) expense of the XXX and XXX Businesses. This position is responsible for the financial integrity and reliability of this data in SAP and GCAP. The candidate will work on a team with similar SARM accountants. The candidate will interact with Business Controllers, Business Analysts, Plant Accountants, Requisition to Pay (RTP) Accountants and Sales to Cash (STC) Accountants, Intercompany Accountants, and other support networks. This position will require an in-depth knowledge of the SAP FI/CO modules and GCAP.
Impact on the Business & Team work
- Working with team and customer to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Maintains general ledgers and performs the complete accounting cycle in compliance with established practices and US GAAP.
- Determine, prepare and process monthly, quarterly and annual entries in support of agreements between DuPont and other non-DuPont businesses. Monitor payment schedules related to agreements and work with Controller and Treasury to ensure timely receipt or payment of funds.
- Execute all monthly SAP closing activities for multiple plant sites within each supported business.
- Responsible for month end SAP to GCAP balancing and monthly account reconciliations including intercompany reconciliations for billings
- Ensure financial integrity for selling, administration, R&D, management and related P&L cost, and balance sheet data.
- Implement changes to data structures and processing based on ARPS implementations.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Ensure support is provided as per requirement from onshore counterparts related to SARM accounting.
- Attend all business calls and meetings and drive issue resolution as required.
- Respond to queries from senior group level management as appropriate
- Provides management and financial statement users with relevant, comparable, and accurate data on which to base decisions.
- Analyzes data and translates into meaningful information.
- Serve as a resource for Business Controllers, Business Analysts, Plant Accountants, Corporate Accounting, Tax, and Treasury with SARM related issues, questions and inquiries
- Support finance master data processes and operations. Perform data maintenance to support business processes and changes.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure proactive controls in place to highlight issues before they are picked up by business.
- Adheres to DuPont Internal control policies and procedures, including established SOX compliance processes.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of business processes in order to support SARM Accounting. In addition to standard closing responsibilities, this includes intercompany billings, accruals, and account reconciliations, as well as process improvement activities.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities
- Ensure 100% PLA delivery.
- Ensure the basic process documentation is completed for all the activities.
Qualification and basic requirements:
- CWA (Inter)/ MBA with 5 – 6 years of experience of relevant experience.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with business partners/customers
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Is expected to have strong technical understanding of accounting principles and demonstrated competence in their application.
- Ability in Accounting, Closing and/or Business Reporting
- Should have demonstrated the ability of driving result
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.