Team Leader, Investor Services Centre - Transfer Agency
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to the Manager, Investor Service Centre you will be responsible with working with the Manager on the day to day management of an Investor Service Centre query Management team.
The Investor Service department is a key component of the Transfer Agency offering, handling queries from fund management companies and their investors (via phone and email) ensuring complete, accurate and timely responses in all cases.
- Motivate, coach and support team members to provide the best possible service to our clients on a daily basis.
- Manage resources across the shift hours the team is supporting.
- Utilising phone and email technology to monitor query levels and adapt resourcing to ensure that all Service Level Agreements are met.
- Ensure that relevant controls are adhered to within the department on a daily basis and provide sign-off of key processes as required.
- Look to improve quality through procedural reviews and enhancements.
- Ensure that complex or escalated queries are resolved as quickly as possible by engaging stakeholders across TA as required.
- Prepare and distribute department management information.
- Prepare high quality written reports and formal papers for clients or management.
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales.
- Ensure all client/Investor issues are logged appropriately and the relevant dashboard updated.
- Working with management and the quality function to identify coaching and training needs within the team and ensure those needs are addressed through structured training or 121 coaching as required.
- Provide structured and thorough feedback in one to one meetings and in formal performance review sessions.
- Fulfil additional, relevant tasks appropriate to the role and business requirements e.g. user acceptance testing, project participation etc.
- Work with manager, client service managers and relationship managers as and when required e.g. preparing for client visits, attending visits, provision of MI or resolution of issues.
- Represent the department at relevant meetings, forums, client visits as required.
- Deputise for Team Manager if requested during annual leave
- ISC Team Members
INTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Team Manager
- Head of Investor Service Centre
- Investor Service Centre Quality & Complaints Team
- Client Service Managers
- Relationship Managers
- Other internal TA departments (all levels)
EXTERNAL KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- External Clients
- External Investors
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Previous TL experience in a contact centre environment handing call and email/electronic queries.
- Strong knowledge of call and email workflow tools and reporting.
- Demonstrate a very strong customer service ethic in an environment where the service standard expectation of customers is high.
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy.
- Ability to work to set deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Demonstrate interest in own and teams’ development and career progression.
- Knowledge of Fund administration, financial services and related regulatory environment desirable.
- Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries and prepare management information for Management and clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal (relationship building, respectful, problem solving and understanding)
- Communication (listening skills, oral communication skills, information sharing and written communication skills)
- Motivated to constantly look for improvement opportunities (closure and result seeking)
- Thinking (decision making, idea generation, inclusion and problem solving)
- Leadership (direction, idea generation, knowledge sharing and team recognition
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.