Senior Accountant – FSC Accounting Team
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation and delivery of the Statutory Books of all Legal Entities within his/her responsibility in compliance with local and corporate policies.
He is responsible and accountable for review and approve the reconciliation and provide timely guidance on reconciliation & journal postings issues to GL team
With a sound understanding of the Legal Entities´ underlying businesses, he/she has a key role in the delivery of all controllership activities in relation to the Legal Entities within his/her responsibility. This includes Financial Accounting, Reporting and Internal Controls.
He/she supports business and accounting teams in all accounting matters, being the center of expertise.
- Ensure the accurate completion of all month-end closing activities for the entities under own responsibility
- Responsible and accountable for review and approve the reconciliation
- Provide critical oversight that reconciliations are being performed correctly and DuPont account reconciliation policy is being adhered to
- Require timely intervention into account problems and issues so proper resolution can be obtained to ensure financial statement misstatements are avoided
- Ultimate accountability for timeliness, correctness, and completeness of account reconciliations.
- Analysis of balance sheet and income statements for Legal Entities within the scope of responsibility
- Working with team and customer to ensure delivery as per agreed timelines.
- Primary contact for external and internal audit matters
- Provide accounting guidance to other accounting teams and business
- Ensure journal postings are done after prior approvals as required by SOX and DuPont JEV policy while performing the journal entry review activity.
- Support execution and maintenance of effective internal controls in line with SOX 404 as well as the DuPont Internal Control Standards manual
- MBA or CMA or CA- Inter, CA with minimum 2 – 4 years of experience
- Previous experience in Big4 or multinational companies.
- Experience in US GAAP, IFRS and/or other Local GAAPs
- Business proficiency in English required. Knowledge of an additional European language is a plus
- Good Microsoft Office skills required
- Advanced knowledge of SAP is an asset
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities:
- Ensure 100% SLA delivery.
- Ensure the basic process documentation is completed for all the activities.
- Good planning & organizing skills; Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to take responsibility and high degree of motivation
- Problem-solving and solution oriented
- Networker; ability to effectively work with a wide variety of organizations and people
- Flexibility to get rapidly adjusted to new situations in a continuous changing environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.