Senior Tax Administrator
The Global Client Tax Service Group is responsible for preparing tax products including 1041’s for trusts and estates and 1099’s for agencies and IRA’s. Conducts training classes and represents the bank on audits and client meetings. May review high risk tax products prepared by others. Also, consults with clients, partners, attorneys, accountants and taxing authorities.
- Prepares and consults on tax products, compliance issues, and planning and research projects.
- Assist in developing of department policies and procedures based on knowledge of industry best practices, the regulatory environment, client expectations and evolving trends.
- Prepares tax products in compliance with tax applicable laws.
- Manages an account load requiring preparation, review of transactions, review of trust documents an processing of Forms 1041, 1099 (B, INT, MISC, R) and 5498.
- Interacts with internal/external sources including assisting with client communication and addressing client inquiries that deal with complex tax and accounting issues.
- Provides solutions to complex tax-related problems. These solutions often require significant knowledge of accounting and tax conventions, as well as quantitative analysis.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must possess knowledge of one or more tax areas with extensive knowledge in fiduciary tax
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Strong research, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, while simultaneously being able to forge productive team relationships
- Intellectual curiosity, initiative, personal organization, motivation, maturity and ownership of one’s work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Personal leadership qualities, including an ability to influence without authority, drive change and accomplish challenging goals
- The Global Client Tax Service Group is responsible for preparing tax products including 1041’s for trusts and estates and 1099’s for agencies and IRA’s. Conducts training classes and represents the bank on audits and client meetings. May review high risk tax products prepared by others. Also, consults with clients, partners, attorneys, accountants and taxing authorities.
*This role offers flexibility to work in either Chicago, IL or Tempe, AZ.
- 5-7 years of related tax experience with at least 5 years of fiduciary tax experience preferred
- CPA and/or MST candidates are highly desirable
- Experience with tax provisions and compliance software such as Thomson Reuters OneSource or CCH ProSystem fx Tax is a plus
- Experience in IRS audits is a plus
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.