Sr Financial Analyst - Technology BU
Responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects for a business unit CIO. Analyzes expenses, researches variances, studies trends, compiles financial data, and provides financial reporting for the business unit CIO. Draw conclusions and make recommendations to financial and line management.
- Develops strong relationships and closely coordinates with Business Unit CIO and Corporate Financial Management personnel.
- Responsible for or assists with Business Unit Financial Reporting & Analysis, Competitive Benchmarking, Forecasting, Budgeting, Profitability Analysis, Financial Modeling, Strategic Planning, and Special Projects.
- Participates in developing unit’s strategic plan.
- Participates in the development of corporate-wide financial and reporting policies and procedures to comply with senior management directives and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the preparation of various financial reports, providing data analysis and justification for management decisions.
- Manages projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including management reporting
- Provide thought leadership in specific subject matters with other financial team members.
Qualifications – Internal/External
- Thorough business knowledge likely to be gained through 5 plus years of relevant work experience and may possess a relevant advanced degree.
- Broad financial and accounting knowledge and business acumen.
- Requires strong presentation, and oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses the ability to work effectively and build relationships across a matrix structure and with a diverse management team.
- Technology background/knowledge a plus but not required.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.